Steal, Deal, Break Even, or Bust

• Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I won 3 Jackhammer Stealth Blades on eBay for $16.64. How do you think I came out?

AK Guy
    Participant

Probably pizzed off the guy that bid $16.63.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Have you ever tried those things BP? I tried one the year before last and was very underwhelmed. There’s almost no “thump” to them with that small, polycarbonate blade. Never caught a fish in 4 hours and haven’t used it since.

My answer would be a bust, but since you only paid about $5.50 each, we’ll call it more of a break even. I think the regular cost is about $15 each.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I’m with gimruis on the bait. I think they are way over rated. As far as the price goes I’d say you got a deal. Maybe you will have better luck with them and end up finding it was a steal

Bass Pundit
    Participant

Probably pizzed off the guy that bid $16.63.

That is with shipping I won the auction for a little over 8 bucks. I don’t remember what my bid was. I didn’t expect to win.

Bass Pundit
    Participant

Have you ever tried those things BP? I tried one the year before last and was very underwhelmed. There’s almost no “thump” to them with that small, polycarbonate blade. Never caught a fish in 4 hours and haven’t used it since.

My answer would be a bust, but since you only paid about $5.50 each, we’ll call it more of a break even. I think the regular cost is about $15 each.

Never bought one before. I talked to a buddy in my bass club a couple of years ago, and he had done OK with it. And I’ve read enough about them to know at least one situation in which they can excel; pressured water when everyone is throwing regular chatterbaits. I’m also guessing it has the potential to add an extra bite or two fishing from shore in the Spring. Somedays it is probably the deal, but who knows if I’ll ever come across one of those.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

And I’ve read enough about them to know at least one situation in which they can excel; pressured water when everyone is throwing regular chatterbaits.

That is the exact situation I thought it would work too. It did not. LOL

Justin Laack
    Participant
    Austin,mn

The mille lacs smallies sure liked chatterbaits when the MLF boys were there in September.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I stick with the regular blade. The stealth is too light.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.