St.Croix River “Report”

• Tom Hubbard
    Participant

Got out Thursday afternoon, and most of Friday. Lots of boats near the mouth. Marking tons of bait throughout the river, and catching a lot of tiny whitebass. Water temps ranged from 54° to 57°. Jiggin raps or jig & minnow has been most consistent, but did get a few keepers on leadcore & flicker shads. Nothing great, but we scrounged up enough for a fish fry.

Attachments:
    1. 20211029_185432-scaled.jpg

2. 20211028_160315-scaled.jpg

3. 20211029_181536-scaled.jpg

Tom Hubbard
    Participant

Few pics

Attachments:
    1. 20211029_185432-1-scaled.jpg

2. 20211028_160315-1-scaled.jpg

3. 20211029_181536-1-scaled.jpg

Evan Veire
    Participant

Tom

I’ve found the same the last few times I’ve been out. Lead and flicker shads around structure or small flats next to deeper water has produced the most keepers. Blade baits, jig and minnow, and ripping raps catch fish but more of a mixed bag of species and in my experience less keepers. I have talk to guys that do well this time of year on a a more shallow bite casting jig and minnow or plastic but I have tried and failed. I suspect it’s a confidence thing and I’m missing a few details that might make it more successful. Either way I’m going to give it a try tomorrow morning and hope for the best.

Good luck out there!

Tom Hubbard
    Participant

Tom

I’ve found the same the last few times I’ve been out. Lead and flicker shads around structure or small flats next to deeper water has produced the most keepers. Blade baits, jig and minnow, and ripping raps catch fish but more of a mixed bag of species and in my experience less keepers. I have talk to guys that do well this time of year on a a more shallow bite casting jig and minnow or plastic but I have tried and failed. I suspect it’s a confidence thing and I’m missing a few details that might make it more successful. Either way I’m going to give it a try tomorrow morning and hope for the best.

Good luck out there!

Thanks.
    We went to Pool 4 yesterday, and lit ’em up.

the_hat
    Participant
    SE Metro

We were out yesterday as well. Plenty of guys out enjoying the weather. We couldn’t keep the white bass off the crank baits for the first part of the day. Seems like the walleyes were on certain parts of the structure and the bass just roamed with the shad. Ended up with 10 between 16-20”. Best box of fish I’ve had from down there in a while. Definitely was color specific bite for sure. Hopefully we aren’t done with the nice days quite yet!
    wave

Tom Hubbard
    Participant

We were out yesterday as well. Plenty of guys out enjoying the weather. We couldn’t keep the white bass off the crank baits for the first part of the day. Seems like the walleyes were on certain parts of the structure and the <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass just roamed with the shad. Ended up with 10 between 16-20”. Best box of fish I’ve had from down there in a while. Definitely was color specific bite for sure. Hopefully we aren’t done with the nice days quite yet!
    wave

PM sent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.