St. Croix River

• triton186
    Hudson, WI

The suspended game has been a grind lately, just a 10 pound kittie to show for the effort. I trolled some shorelines just to see if the rods could still bend but only caught a dozen or so little walleye and saugers.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I was worried that someone actually saw me on the river yesterday. First time the boat saw water this year….unfortunately it was hitting the beaches and tubing all day.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Fished last Wed and my daughter got her PB muskie at 43 inches. Her previous PB was mid 30 inch fish. Only fish we caught but she was pretty stoked.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2235.jpg

triton186
    Hudson, WI

That is awesome! Good to see the kids out doing the fun stuff!!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Nj Kirk, my kids want to go fishing but I can’t seem to get them on fish and then they get bored….I just need to relearn how to catch fish again.

Snap

Lots of dink walleyes to be had ~20 fow at lower end along Wisconsin shoreline. Jig and fathead.

N2i0c0k8

Anyone have a recent water temp reading on the lower end? Going out of St Croix Bluffs this weekend.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Was out on monday, tried doing some jigging on humps and points and tossing some rippin raps. lots of dinks, a mixed bag as far as species go. Got into some good smallies off cat bar. Water temps were in the low 70’s on monday, I’m sure they are lower after this cold front and rain.

N2i0c0k8

Got out Sat morning. Water temp was 67 everywhere I fished. Managed 3 unders on a crawler harness. Jigging Rap was a no go. Worked it pretty consistently without a bite.

walleyewizard

Fished the south end today. Water warmed to just over 70 by the end of the day. 3 dinks on jigging raps and cranks. Tons of shad, so they’re eating well.

fred bartling

Spent a pleasant afternoon fishing from O’Brian down. Most of the smallmouth I caught were on small husky jerks fished tight to shore. Nothing much for size, in face most of the fish were little bigger than the lure. But they were aggressive for sure. My biggest bass came on tubes. It felt like they were about to turn on the feeding engine, even the small bass felt big. Lovely day!

The water is down, I have a Alumacraft 165 and in a couple of places it was getting a little to shallow for my boat

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.