Any safe ice on spirit

• up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Just wanted to know if anyone is ice fishing spirit or okoboji yet. I get done with school this week and thinkin about giving it a try. Thanks

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I have seen photos from Spirit Lake of some very nice perch being caught. 5″ of ice along the edges. Most are not going out into deep water as the fish seem to be in 10′. Check out iowaoutdoors.com —- the ice fishing forum.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

There are a few of us ready to go, Shaley has been out there a few times hopefully he will chime in. A good fall bite equals a hot early ice bite.

shaley
    Milford IA

We started day after Thanksgiving bites day to day though. A few are venturing out on the Est side and Stoney. West just capped so be awhile yet.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get out in the next week.

owen nelson
    Iowa

Went out today the only spot I would trust is anglers bay 4-5 inches of ice with the same size perch 4-5 inches. went about 100 yards out by buffalo run and it was 2 inches but it should be fine after it gets down to -15 the next two days

shaley
    Milford IA

20+ shacks just outside of Templar today, guess the village has been ther all week.

owen nelson
    Iowa

Thats where we got’em just befor ice up.

shaley
    Milford IA

These guys were in close not where the pods of boats were, closer to where the bouys are at just to the north of the entrance to Templar. Guessing on the weed edge judging by where they were.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

I fished yesterday and did good. I fished anglers bay in the morning and caught a few but nothing fast. I seen all the shacks out infront of templar but didnt stop and try it there. I went to okoboji and found some bluegills but couldnt get them to bite so i moved out alittle deeper and found some perch that were really active. All around 10 inches and the biggest was 12.5 inches.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Anyone know how the lakes are now with the snow? Is there slush under the snow??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.