Spirit Lake report

• nextbite
    Newton, IA

I stayed at the campground from the 18th of July till the 23rd. The perch bite is still going on and there are some sizable fish being caught on wigglers. I fished along the old footbridge at the north end of the lake and caught a bunch of largemouth bass. On my 3rd cast with a double #10 bucktail I hit a big bass that was around 7+ pounds but he flopped at boat side and came off. It was the biggest bass I have seen here. I also hit a 2.5 pond smallmouth on a jig. The bass fishing was great they seemed to hit everything I threw at them. I was fishing for muskies and pike mostly but never seen anything at all.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Nice job, did you try perch’n over by Stoney Point?

mikeraiche
    Arkansaw Wi

Who is the guy walking on water over your right shoulder?

shaley
    Milford IA

Muskies have been tough this year in the IGL’s, I fish them almost daily and have 3 to show for it, just seeing one is a good day this year and even thats tough…

nextbite
    Newton, IA

There was a guy and his son wading in the water and fishing for smallies and they were catching a bunch of small 1/2 to 1 pounders so I have them to thank for this fish. I gave them space and stayed off the rock so they could fish and I caught it on slightly deeper rocks in the water.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

wHILE FISHING A NBAA TOURNAMENT ON THE 17TH WE BROUGHT IN A LIMIT OF 5 FISH WEIGHING 16 LBS. SMALLIES!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.