PERCH

• owen nelson
    Participant
    Iowa

ARE THE PERCH GOING YET OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT TELL AUGUST LIKE MOST YEARS?

up man
    Participant
    UP MICHIGAN

Havent tried it on spirit but we have been doing really well on west okoboji. Perch and bluegills. You have to go during the week though or early in the morning. Once you find them you catch them fast.

benihana
    Participant
    Central MN

Last weekend we went out on Big Spirit. We headed out to the west of Big Stony in 20 fow. We were well away from the “crowds” but i guess close enough to be considered chasing the crowds. The action was spotty, when they came under the boat they het hard and fast, but we did have a lot of down time in between the schools. But what we did catch the seemed to have grown since winter. We put about 15 in the basket that were big nines and a few tens. Did have a few that fell in the 7-8 range yet though. I think if you are willing to move with them you will hammer them pretty good, we had my boys so we didn’t move at all. The most productive set up for us was a half a belgian worm on a hook and split shot, only a few hits on pilkies and mini jigs.

benihana
    Participant
    Central MN

We went out today again on Big Spirit. Got on the lake about 4:30. Started out on the North end n 20 fow, we caught 3 bang bang bang, then sat there for awhile with nothing biting. We moved over to the area between Big and Little Stony in abot 21 fow. We spent about 3 hours over there. Same as last week, had to wait for the schools to come around but they hit when they were there. We ended up bringing 15 home that were 9+ couple over ten and one that touched 11. Did catch one good sized sheephead that had a huge belly, I assume that they have not spawned yet. When we cleaned the perch tonight it was interesting that they all had full bellies, like they have been eating well but they still hit our stuff. Todays hot producer was still hook and splitshot with a half of a belgium worm, only they seemed to want it tipped with a waxie or wiggler to really get their interest. Did catch a few more this week with pilkies though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.