Spawning smallies

• dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

With the day off of work and a perfect day out. 65 and sunny with no wind I got the ok to hit the water.
    I decided to hit one of my favorite smallie lakes to see how the spawn was going. I start checking some sand points and start seeing some beds. I put on a white tube so I can see it in the super clear water. The smallies are bedding in 2-7 feet of water. Bigger fish were in the deeper water. Lots of fish in the 15-16 inch range and 5 over 18″ After 3 hours the wind finally picked up enough that I called it quits. Hope to get out next week.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Thanks for sharin the pics Dodge Bot…Looks like a you had a great day..Still waiting for the season to open up here in mn….cant wait….Jay

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tried to find ’em on Trout last night but had problems with the bowmount plug, so after spending time on the water in mechanic stage, I finally got it going. Needs some more work, but the frustration didn’t give me as much time as I wanted before I went after a few walleyes. But did get one to hit an x-rap, which could have started a pattern, but then the t-motor wanted to act up again. So off to jig fishin’ and look what I found!!! 19″ (I bet all of 4#) maybe a little longer, but I hate to even lay them on the side of the boat when it comes to removing slime important to the best release. Did manage one 18″ ‘eye later at a new spot also. Wished I could have been with ya and you with I both afternoons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.