Where do you keep you spinnerbaits??

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I am looking for a better way to organize my spinnerbaits and am wondering what you guys do.

Currently I have my spinnerbaits in a clear plano tackle box (I believe its a 3700) that I customeromized by cutting out grooves to hold the spinnerbaits in place. I know that they make these tackle boxes but haven’t heard too much great things about them. (e.g. the spinnerbaits still move and get dislodged) Last night I ended up buying a book to hold the spinnerbaits in place but after trying it out last night and moving around with it, the spinnerbaits got dislodge too.

Any ideas on a better way to carry/organize the spinnerbaits, without increase too mo\uch in storage space needed.

ozzyky
    On water

Falcon has a nice spinner bait storage set-up. It can hold 30 spinners and I think it cost about 11.99.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have the Falcon boxes. A couple spinnerbait ones and a couple buzzbait ones. They work great.

Todd_NE

I like the tackle bags with the sandwich sized ziplocs in them.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

mine are all tossed in plano trays, sorted by color/size. Stacked on top of each other.

To keep them from tangling, pull back the blade and thread the hook point through the hole, catching the blade on the barb. Holds it tight and secure and won’t tangle, keeping it nice and flat.

jesse
    mn

I have a regular box where the spinners hang suspended in, works great unless you tip the box upside down!

ryanjohnson

There’s a company that makes trays that screw into your storage compartment doors. Don’t remember the name of them though.

If you have a real nice boat, this probably isn’t the way to go, but what I did, since I have an older boat and I’m cheap, was take a section of pipe insulation, cut it in half lengthwise, and screw that into the underside of the door.
    I’ve got all my spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and anything else that I want to have handy hanging right there. I haven’t had any fall off yet this year either, and the boat has seen some rough water.
    Works great, they don’t get hung up on anything, and it makes a cool jingle noise when you open that compartment.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got one of these. It works pretty well.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have one of those too. They work well.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have the Falcon box as well.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

Falcon has a nice spinner bait storage set-up. It can hold 30 spinners and I think it cost about 11.99.

Is this what you guys are talking about from Falcon? If so, I bought this units earlier this week and had a hard time getting the spinnerbaits to actually stick in the slots properly. Then when I did and shook it a bit, the baits would unstick and move around. What are your trick to keep this in place?

if I can’t get this to work, I am thinking about trying one of the tackle boxes that are described below.

Thanks for the responses too

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Nope, mine are pastic boxes similar to Planos with a clip on organizer in the bottom.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Mine looks like the one in the link below. I believe it’s the same one that Mossboss has.

Click here to view.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Mine looks like the one in the link below. I believe it’s the same one that Mossboss has.

Click here to view.

Yep, that’s the one I got, thanks Tom!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I am thinking I am going to end up returning this Falcon one today and getting the one in the link above.

Thanks for imput I will let you know what my thoughts on this are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.