Pond Bass 4/25

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Today I had three hours to mess around so I hit up to ponds. One of the ponds is a subdivision pond were my brother lives. The other is a park district owned pond.

I started out at my brothers and the weeds are going crazy. They usually spray the weeds, but they have not done so this year. I was trying everything. I lost one small fish on a swimjig, and it was really slow. About the time I decided to take off I tied on a black buzzbait. First cast I had a blow and miss. Three cast later I caught a 18″ with no belly. Two casts later I hooked up with a 15″ then a 10″. I walked around the pond and made another cast and had a Huge 18″ bass explode on my bait. This bass weighed 4.75 it was the biggest bass I have caught on a topwater bait. I caught two more after my brother showed up one 12″ and one that was 17″. My brother caught one 15″ on a buzzbait as well.

I hit the other pond about 2 hours later. I started out using a spinnerbait, with no luck. So I tied the buzzbait on and caught one with in ten cast. I could not get another blow, so I tied on a white chatterbait. I landed 9 bass with the biggest being 17.5″ and full of eggs. The rest were 14″ or smaller.

I was amazed that they were smoking a buzzbait this early in the year. Usually I cant get them to take them until May.

Jeremy

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

Kind of dangerous putting bass lures on this time of year. Those guys in the tan and green uniforms can get pretty persnickety if the see you doing it.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That’s the luxury of living outside of MN.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.