Blaine, MN

Quote:

We need to do that again, OK? My treat!

I’m ready

blue-fleck
    Participant
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Blue and I are going “mepps free” in 2007.

No way!!!! I just bought $50 worth for this years trip.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Blue and I are going “mepps free” in 2007.

No way!!!! I just bought $50 worth for this years trip.

On Ebay I’m sure!

What is it about those things. I hate fishing them. Hate it. When I’m casting them I feel… dumb. No better way to put it. But when you get an “off” day / cold front type situation… they catch fish.

For some reason I feel like I need to make sure my friends don’t see me fishing with them although they do catch good numbers of fish.

cade-laufenberg
    Participant
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Swim jigs..Nothing beats them.

jlallen
    Participant

I here ya James. It seems so 1970’s to be throwing one but would you rather be skunked…bring on the mepps

jeff_hansen
    Participant

free-lined senkos follow by pitchin’ light tubes… feeling a pickup on a weightless line and crankin’ down on a potential pig… can’t beat it

dylan_w.
    Participant
    La Crosse, WI

soft plastic finess bait lookin, pitchen, gettin is my style for the heart pumper

Shane Hildebrandt
    Participant
    Blaine, mn

pulling up in a calm bay, about 4 or 5 fow and the sun is starting to look over the trees on the shoreline, looking at the scattered pads and picking your opening and ploping a scumie or a spro frog down on the spot and give it a little twitch and watch the water fly. gotta be top waters, i love them and they will make me loose in any tourney that i fish. my 2nd would be a toss up between a perch color xrap or a spinner/buzz bait. although, I had alot of fun this weekend with the beetle spins and a super doo as the skirt, man they couldn’t leave it alone. i also like skitter props as well for smallies, just haven’t had much luck with them.

shane

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.