Speaking of Cali…

• Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Anyone have any recommendations for a visit to Napa?
    I’m trying to put something together, but it seems the options are endless. crazy
    Where to stay, eat, which wineries???

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Sounds like a nightmare. Skip Cali and go to Utah

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Do they have booze in Utah?

Coletrain27
    Participant

i dont think utah has pull tabs

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

I’m trying to put something together, but it seems the options are endless. crazy
    Where to stay, eat, which wineries???

What I’ve sometimes done in the past for trips like this is to look up bus tours you can pay for and notice the route they take, the places they stop at to eat along the way, and which hotels they stay at. These are the experts that know how to cram in the best wow factor in the shortest amount of time. They even plan their trips sometimes based on the day and what place XYZ does special on that day. And because of that, you’ll see the most of the top stuff in the more efficient route.

isu22andy
    Participant

Wear a Trump 2024 shirt and enjoy the show .

Brad Dimond
    Participant

We enjoyed Santa Barbara more than Napa. Napa is cool, Santa Barbara is just different.

Another option to consider is the Wilamette Valley. Beautiful country, a little cheaper than Napa (not cheap, just less expensive) and really good wines. Portland is an interesting city.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Wear a Trump 2024 shirt and enjoy the show .

Winner!! rotflol

Jimmy mentioned the fires, take a package of hotdogs and a good bottle of wine with you and enjoy your own slice of cali in a new way.
    That said, I am sure they would figure out a way to fine you for abusing the resources and causing the fires mental harm by forcing them to cook a non veggie meal.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Lol, struck out at the Anchorage this morning, but there’s alotta sunlight left. wink

Attachments:
    1. 88E0F3E1-FFF0-46DA-9A7F-EB5DFE478CC4-scaled.jpeg

Don Carlisle
    Participant
    Aitkin mn

Sounds like your moving on in life just fine. Good for you like evevy one is saying I wouldn’t go to napa. Check out some of the winery’s in the washington state. Lot more open less nuts and fruitcakes there. Fly into either seattle or portland. And drive the columbia river beautiful area
    Try walleye or sturgeon fishing, tour the winery’s in the tri cities. Good time of year to do it. Have fun!!!

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

I love it…”hey, give me some recommendations on Napa.”

IDO: Don’t go there…fires, liberals, vegetarians! Stay away!

SMH.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

Napa is cool! A trip to Northern California has to include the Redwoods too. John Muir Woods is in reach. So is Point Reyes Lighthouse, Drake’s Bay as in Sir Francis Drake. And Tomales Bay has a laid back vibe. Enjoy, this is the perfect time to visit Wine Country.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I love it…”hey, give me some recommendations on Napa.”

IDO: Don’t go there…fires, liberals, vegetarians! Stay away!

SMH.

That is our inner hillbilly recommendations for Mr epg. No need to shake your head, you might hurt your neck

DFP
    Participant
    Haverhill Iowa

My wife and I was just there last November. Had a great time. She had been planning this for a while and the trip was cancelled once or twice due to conflicts. We stayed in both Calistoga and Napa. We preferred Calistoga. Lots of choices for wineries. We also went down the coast, definitely worth seeing. Also saw Muir woods.

Another member commented about Washington. We’ve been in the Seattle area in the past and toured wineries, but was just at Walla Walla a few weeks ago and it was very picturesque and great wine and dining.

Rather than typing in our itneniary if you would like, feel free to send a pm with a phone number and we can fill you in on what we did, My wife is the travel authority.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

I’m trying to put something together, but it seems the options are endless.

The options are endless but there aren’t really any bad choices either.

We’ve stayed in St. Helena, Napa, and Healdsburg on past visits. They were all terrific towns.

Imo Queenswake has an excellent suggestion. We’ve only done the bus tour once but in my opinion that was the most fun because it’s much more relaxing to let somebody else do the driving.

Also a lot of the tour guides are very informative. It’s also nice because in a lot of wineries the tour starts as soon as you get there so there’s no waiting around. You essentially zoomed to the front of the line at every place you stop.

I’m sorry I don’t remember the name of the tour we booked. We took it from Napa and I booked it on the internet before we left home.

We have also toured Santa Barbara Washington and oregon. They all have their pluses and minuses. I have to say I enjoyed Oregon a lot because it’s just less crowded.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Haven’t been, but I don’t think you can go wrong and with your fine taste in life you will need to get that reservation at French Laundry booked asap and then work the trip around that. Willamette Valley in Oregon is great wine country too and slightly more affordable I believe.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Not much help here i just by my auto parts there.I’m not much of wine drinker.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

How long do you need at Muir Woods, one day?

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Not much help here i just by my auto parts there.I’m not much of wine drinker.

Ya, but you can catch more Bass than me.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Haven’t been, but I don’t think you can go wrong and with your fine taste in life you will need to get that reservation at French Laundry booked asap and then work the trip around that. Willamette Valley in Oregon is great wine country too and slightly more affordable I believe.

I’m actually on the waiting list.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

One day for Muir Woods if you hike down to the beach. But you will get an OMG experience within 5 minutes. Really puts things in perspective.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Ep your clam weighed more than 2 of my bass.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Ep your clam weighed more than 2 of my bass.

Ya, and if he would of caught two more he could’ve fed all of us at the cabin that weekend

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

PM me if you want. But IMO it’s an awesome area and you can just kind of wing it. We like staying in Sonoma (cheaper, more chill) and then day tripping to Napa. Also easy day trips to the Coast and Redwoods. Not all about wine either. We had an awesome bar within walking distance of our hotel (small boutique type place) that specialized in craft cocktails. All sorts of infused liquors and good food, nothing to do with wine. Just awesome scenery everywhere we went, wish we could go back every year, along with a handful of other places.

stevenoak
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Lol, struck out at the Anchorage this morning, but there’s alotta sunlight left. wink

Would that be an Anchorage wild rice omelet? Looking forward to one next week.

mojogunter
    Participant

Pointless things to inquire about on IDO. Anything California, Chicago, New York City, or should I look at an Evinrude.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Pointless things to inquire about on IDO. Anything California, Chicago, New York City, or should I look at an Evinrude.

Very true! But hey we got everything else covered. jester

Sorry EPG I’ve got nothing to contribute here.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Would that be an Anchorage wild rice omelet? Looking forward to one next week.
    [/quote]

Yes, and it was spectacular as usual. The pizza there is pretty dog gone good also.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.