Southern Minnesota Lake advise

• klee103
    Nevada, Iowa

How are the lakes in the areas of Fairmont, Faribault and Mankato? Do they get “green” from the summer heat?
    Are there any recommendations in those area for sunfish, crappie or perch?
    Thanks for your input.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Good luck getting anyone to talk about these lakes around here unless it’s from a decade ago.
    I fished Cedar this spring one time for the first time in 20 years. Never got bit in 7 hours. The new boat launch may be the worst design I have ever seen. I imagine the shallower lakes are nasty green with the heat and low water but have not seen myself as I am an hour away. Last year I fished a few in that area a bunch and can trade you some info for some recent reports. Good luck!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The lakes in the Faribault area are known to get green. Right now the water is so low I can get my boat on some of them.

tim hurley

You may care about the green, but the fish do not. Those lakes tend to be boom/bust, talk to people at the launch and bait stores. Good Luck.

klee103
    Nevada, Iowa

Thanks for the replies.

I knew that the Albert Lea area lakes got really bad. Assume that is a lot of why were never see any boat traffic when driving through. Hoped to find some water to have a good day of fishing and explore some new territory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.