South end gravel bars

• slimmer157

I was wondering if anyone knew how chippy the ice was out on the gravel. I was looking to venture out there with a truck off road. Thanks in advance

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I know some are trying it already, I would never do it…much less recommend doing it. Personally I would never go off road in a truck.

Attachments:
    1. uh-oh.jpg

Angler II

I know some are trying it already, I would never do it…much less recommend doing it. Personally I would never go off road in a truck.

Was that from today?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Word was that it dropped last night, Jim Staricha’s Northland Recovery is pulling it out today.

slimmer157

The answer to the original question… travel off road was fair to good on the gravel bars. Unfortunately the fishing wasn’t as good. To Andy cox… travel over a current filled 2ft deep reef has different ice depth than mid lake basin

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Agreed I spent Friday and Saturday covering 5 different mudflats common sense and caution goes along ways. Never found anything less than 15” of ice on any flats with 60 holes punched. Including several snow drift holes punched to check ice.

The answer to the original question… travel off road was fair to good on the gravel bars. Unfortunately the fishing wasn’t as good. To Andy cox… travel over a current filled 2ft deep reef has different ice depth than mid lake basin

munchy
    NULL

Posted from Rocky Reef about this situation

Attachments:
    1. 9D134F81-F20C-448D-80F4-E061EB7034C9.jpeg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Sorry the fishing wasn’t good for you but you did get out and try. And sounds like without incident.
    BTW, Jim Staricha the recovery guy said…”27 feet”, and “The door held it up” Hard to believe but he was the one who pulled it out.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I think I found that area where John from Rocky was referring to. It’s circled with stakes from the resort. It’s right near the tip of Indian Point on the northern edge in 20 FOW.

Is that the one or another casualty?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.