Sound picks for Foxpro

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I tried to match up the majority of sounds on my E-callers to the FoxPro sound list.
    Here is a relatively close match up to what I use – I had to edit the list…I see it does not like multiple columns

Coyote Vocals

207 – Coyote Locator
    C32 – Yipping Coyotes
    C31 – Coyote Pair Yip Howls
    C26 – Coyote Pair
    C17 – Coyote Female Whimpers
    C15 – Female Coyote Bark Howls
    C23 – Female Coyote Challenge Barks
    C24 – Female Coyote Challenge
    183 – Coyote Challenge Howl
    C30 – Coyote Male Barks
    C22 – Coyote Pup Screams
    216 – Coyote Pup Distress 2
    C27 – Coyote Pup Distress 3
    217 – Coyote Pup Frenzy
    182 – Baby Coyotes

Fox Sounds
    C77 – Juvenille Red Fox Distress
    227 – Red Fox Distress
    C75 – Baby Red fox Distress 1
    224 – Gray Fox Distress
    225 – Gray Fox Pup 1

Rabbit Distress

L52 – Mad Rabbit Distress
    L00 – Lightning Jack
    L07 – Waning Jack
    L04 – Snowshoe 2
    L06 – Snowshoe High Pitch
    L50 – Scream-n Rabbit
    L55 – Adult Cottontail
    L51 – Big Rabbit Distress
    735 – Spring hare Distress
    237 – Cottontail Distress 1
    L58 – Cagie Cottontail
    354 – DSG Cottontail
    L57 – Eastern Cottontail

BIRD Sounds
    291 – Woodpecker Distress
    B09 – Woodpecker
    332 – Screamin’ Blue Jay Dist
    294 – Partridge Distress
    297 – Turkey Distress
    B80 – Baby Turkey
    B84 – Cranky Male Card Dist

Raccoon Sounds
    N06 – Mad Boar Raccoon
    N02 – Raccoon Fight
    N00 – Raccoon Distress 1
    N01 – Raccoon Distress 2

Rodent Distress
    247 – Prairie Dog Distress
    510 – Prairie Dog All Clear
    242 – Groundhog Distress
    R04 – Young Rat Distress
    R05 – Adult Rat Distress
    515 – Chirping Coaxer
    R10 – Field Mouse Distress

Deer Sounds

363 – Mule Deer Fawn
    195 – Fawn Distress
    259 – Fawn Distress
    255 – Fawn Bleats
    D04 – Whitetail Doe Fawn 2

deertracker

Thanks for taking the time to do that Randy.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great list Randy!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve been chatting with about a half dozen guys looking at buying a new caller. Just a few things to keep in mind as you put your lists together. If you buy FoxPro – The Foxpro sounds are generally a proprietary FXP file that can NOT easily be played on MP formats. However, the foxpro will play other sound formats. I highly recommend if you get a FoxPro, connect it to your computer, follow the instructions, and make a complete back up of the audio files.

Once your aquainted with the software and how to download/upload sounds, you can very easily add/delete other sounds to your list. As an example, I have about 5 Master files I can swap my foxpros out to in minutes so they are formatted for where I am going (racoon hunting, spring/summer coyotes/…)

Also, use caution in “free” sounds. There are a lot of hacks that have the old cassette recordings and just played them up to a microphone on their computer to make them “digital”. A lot of them have an awefull hiss sound to them and play like crap at higher volumes.

Some of the newer audio editting software is sweet. You can mix and add sounds to make a sequence of how ever long with multiple sounds. Pretty cool to make up your own stuff!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Randy’s list is great and very representative of a good Midwestern mix for predators.

Personally, I’m hunting cattle/farm country so I have a few calf distress calls in the mix. I also like some domestic cat distress sounds on there. I personally haven’t had any luck with these yet, but I know other hunters who have cashed in consistently with these in farm country where there are a lot of livestock and farm/feral animals around. I guess coyotes can’t resist a good cat snack now and then.

Agree re the FoxPro app and getting familiar with backing up and adding sounds.

Dang, now I want to get out there again. I’ve only been out twice for coyotes twice this year and that was just before deer season.

Hope we’re not heading for the deep snow ice age that pretty much shut me down last year just as I got started.

Grouse

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m going up north this weekend for the final weekend of deer. Is it weird I want to bring the ecaller and whack a fox or yote instead???

So, what are good grey fox sounds to call with?

Next week I’m out in SD for Tbird day. I can’t wait to do some calling.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m going up north this weekend for the final weekend of deer. Is it weird I want to bring the ecaller and whack a fox or yote instead???

No, it’s not weird. After hours of sitting in the stand, freezing your buttski off, and seeing bugger all, you’ll need a distraction. A guy can only take so much…

Grouse

deertracker

If I get a late season wolf tag I will he hunting a cattle farm so I will keep those sounds in mind Grouse.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Like Grouse, I know others that like calves in distress sounds, but I never had success with them. Even in Wyoming amongst huge cattle operations.

Kooty, I’ve encountered very few greys. Mostly because the areas I’ve been in have small populations. Trapped a few, but only called in a couple. Couldn’t remember what calls I was using its been so long

kooty
    Keymaster

I just deleted the FoxPro Furtakers where they were targeting grey fox out east because I’d seen it before. smirk doah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.