Some people……

• icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

Well, I spend a lot of my time between classes while on campus at UW-Madison at the Memorial Union, it’s where I go because I love the view of Monona while I study. It comforts me when I am near the ice and makes me feel at home. Long story short I walk into the Union grab a table next to the windows, I take a glance at the bay and lo and behold an ice fisherman. Now I don’t know much about the ice fishing scene in Madison, but I can say I have never seen a sole out in front of the Union before so I’m assuming this guy is just out there to relax and waste some time. I look closer and the bonehead has out 3 tip-ups and has a line out for jigging to boot. Now I know I’m in college so I can show off my great math abilities here: 1+3= 4 (if you guys need an explanation for how I completed that complex math just send me a pm I’ll be free all week LOL)! And last time I checked and every time I’ve went through the DNR regs. book is has said three lines are permitted. So either this guy is blatantly violating or he doesn’t know the rules either way he is not really smart, very tempted to report him. Anyway there is my rant, just frustrates me that people are A.) too lazy to look up the regs. or B.) too ignorant to abide the law.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Only thing worse is somebody to lazy to turn them in. grin

Just messin’ with you………..kinda. Turn him in. Let the CO determine if he doesn’t know or is blatantly breaking the rules.

milemark_714
    Participant

Wouldn’t that be Lake Mendota?That used to be a good spot years ago.Maybe the guy would say 2 of the tipups belong to Casper?I have met some strange persons on that lake in the past.Mostly ones that were not properly dressed for conditions.College students out for a stroll…

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

My bad I meant to say it was Mendota, didn’t proof read. Also I was going to turn the guy when I came back after class but the guy was gone.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hope your not finished with school Ice, but the regs say “3 hooks”.

Sorry cheap shot, but meant to be humorous. )

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Wouldn’t that be Lake Mendota?That used to be a good spot years ago.Maybe the guy would say 2 of the tipups belong to Casper?I have met some strange persons on that lake in the past.Mostly ones that were not properly dressed for conditions.College students out for a stroll…

Scott, nothing tops meeting Benny in the middle of U-bay. If he was the epitome of college kids, they’re doomed. rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

Indeed again, improper wording. Been a rough day for me. Can’t get the lake name or the reg. wording right. I’ll just have to defer further and let the real educated people of the world comment in the forum from now on lol. Meanwhile I’ll sip a spotted cow and relax while I refine my reading and proof reading skills.

badgerfishing
    Participant
    Wausau

I was out there fishing one time and watched a nice college couple wander around on three inches of ice. Well low and behold there was an ice heave that those experienced on the ice stay far away from. But not some of the city slickers that go to this school. He went straight through as he approached it but all is well because he caught and pulled himself up.

The library is always distracting for me to go and study and have to stare out there. You should join us when we do a Wisconsin Fishing Team ice fishing outting this winter.

milemark_714
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>milemark_714 wrote:</div>

Scott, nothing tops meeting Benny in the middle of U-bay. If he was the epitome of college kids, they’re doomed. rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

That was 1986,so you do see the results around you.Years ago,when I heard bull bluegills being caught by the student union,knew exactly where to go.Was a nice weedline there back in the days,they screwed-up that lake big-time.

First time I have ever fished that lake in the early 80s,I ran across a few guys using goldfish on tip ups.I believe those have been illegal to use as bait in WI since?That was in 1981.

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

The library is always distracting for me to go and study and have to stare out there. You should join us when we do a Wisconsin Fishing Team ice fishing outting this winter.

-Shoot me a pm when that’s happening and where and if I’m in Madison and not at home fishing I’ll come on out to that.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

Indeed again, improper wording. Been a rough day for me. Can’t get the lake name or the reg. wording right. I’ll just have to defer further and let the real educated people of the world comment in the forum from now on lol. Meanwhile I’ll sip a spotted cow and relax while I refine my reading and proof reading skills.

Don’t let these highbrow nitpickers get you down, take it from a guy with a GED, your doing just fine.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t let these highbrow nitpickers get you down, take it from a guy with a GED, your doing just fine.

LOL! Exactly! toast

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I’ll just have to defer further and let the real educated people of the world comment in the forum from now

I wanna meet these guys!!

jester jester jester jester jester jester

icenutz
    Participant
    Aniwa, WI

That was one of the Madison Liberals, they think they can do anything!

Maybe we can run into each other when your home this winter and I’m over there at the parents house. Mom and dad are both gone now so it will be my retirement home in a few years.

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

That was one of the Madison Liberals, they think they can do anything!

x2! There are more than a few of those types down here, try going to my political science classes when we talk about gun rights etc. Pretty sure I am about the only conservative going to UW sometimes. But I won’t delve into the politics stuff on here,this forum is my place to escape the riff-raff and talk about fishing waytogo And Charlie you aren’t missing much in the way of hot fishing back home either, over break I really struggled to find and entice the fish to bite all over Oneida and Vilas counties. I’ve been hearing of tough fishing all over besides when I watch IDO and they are smashing them week in and week out!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

That’s “you’re” clown, not “your”. lol!

@djroszina

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.