Sodak june update

• Quintin Biermann

Been crazy busy with work and other things but had a great spring leading into a good early summer bite at the moment. Bigger fish on cranks pitching shallow 3 to 5 foot and limits on crawlers and spinners midday.

Attachments:
    1. 20160622_165619.jpg

2. IMG954646.jpg

3. 2016061195143812.jpg

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Very nice fish QB! Really excited for this weekend! First time to fish mid Summer out there! Pm me if you have time to meet up for a beverage around a fire!

Adam Lindeman

We were out two weekends ago and the bite on Bitter was incredible. It was no problem for three guys to bring home a limit of eyes in less than two hours. Lots of 13 inch fish were thrown back, but easily get fish over 14 inches and a few 15s, 16s. We were fishing tight to the weeds with some wind blowing into them. We jigged with leeches, but I switched to a Berkley gulp minnow and rip jigged and put a clinic on for the boys using live bait.

bassh8er

We were out two weekends ago and the bite on Bitter was incredible. It was no problem for three guys to bring home a limit of eyes in less than two hours. Lots of 13 inch fish were thrown back, but easily get fish over 14 inches and a few 15s, 16s. We were fishing tight to the weeds with some wind blowing into them. We jigged with leeches, but I switched to a Berkley gulp minnow and rip jigged and put a clinic on for the boys using live bait.

Mind telling how deep you were fishing? I’m headed up there with the wife to fish this weekend and looking for any tips. Didn’t plan on fishing Bitter due to boat traffic but would take any tips you could offer.

Adam Lindeman

We found our fish tight to some weeds in 7-9 ft of water. The wind was blowing into them as well.

bassh8er

Appreciate the info and I’ll be sure and report back on how we do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.