Sny Magill Ice Conditions

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

My buddy and I were going to try our hand at Sny Magill this weekend and I was wondering how the ice was. Are people getting back to Methodist Lake yet or are people mostly fishing Norwegian? Any update or info would be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,

Steve

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Steve just heard Methodist was a no go.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Thanks Chuck! Heading out tomorrow morning so I’ll make sure to stick with Norwegian.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>

Thanks Chuck! Heading out tomorrow morning so I’ll make sure to stick with Norwegian.

May be too late for you but, from the Iowa DNR; Crossing Johnson Slough at Sny Magill is not recommended. Report date Feb. 2nd

gmctruxman

As a newbie to this area of the Mississippi, I’m planning a trip up on the 10th, I’m hoping the ice holds through this week!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

The first crossing was soft but there was a well worn tail and a lot of people out. Follow the trail through the first island and when you pop out the other side there are multiple trails, ice was solid 8-10”. Fished waters 3.5-7’ with everything from ripping raps to tungsten and plastic or spikes to tip downs. Walked a long way and wound up with four bluegills, slow day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.