Snowmageddon

• Jimmy Jones
    Participant

Raining right along here in Roch. The snow has settled a lot overnight.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Raining in Blaine too, the side streets by my house were a skating rink.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Drove from cold spring to the U of M clinic this morning. Main roads were good.

We’ll see how the drive home is. Luckily no rush hour to deal with.

MX1825
    Participant

Granddaughter and DIL both took a fall this AM in Arden Hills. No serious injuries thank god.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

The newly updated drought monitor posted today has accounted for the multi-day winter storm we received last week, plus Monday’s rain. No more “severe” drought remains, and most of the moderate drought in the eastern half of the state has been downgraded to “abnormally dry.” This is quite an improvement for only one week, especially in the winter time.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN

Leftysrconfused
    Participant

Lol well at least it only took a week to dramatically improve conditions.

I was nearly tricked into thinking that this drought was a real concern.

Seems like a normal up and down weather pattern to me.

It’s unfortunate we didn’t get the full 30″ of snow that some of the weather terrorists were talking about.

Correct me if wrong, but that last snowfall of approximately 15″ only had about 1″ of moisture content.

And that rainstorm was .8″ ?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Lol well at least it only took a week to dramatically improve conditions.

I was nearly tricked into thinking that this drought was a real concern.

Seems like a normal up and down weather pattern to me.

It’s unfortunate we didn’t get the full 30″ of snow that some of the weather terrorists were talking about.

Correct me if wrong, but that last snowfall of approximately 15″ only had about 1″ of moisture content.

And that rainstorm was .8″ ?

I don’t know what the last big snow fall’s water content was. It was generally light and fluffy, so the 15-1 water ration could be accurate.

The rain on Monday was about 3/4 of an inch, plus whatever snow fell overnight.

2 inches of “water equivalent” moisture is a lot in the winter months.

I look at the drought monitor almost every week. The period between June and October 2022 was the almost a foot of water deficit in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas, which resulted in extreme drought status. Normal weather patterns? Hardly. We’ve basically gone from near record drought to record winter moisture in about 9 months.

Viewing 7 posts - 331 through 337 (of 337 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.