Snow melt water collects under the boat

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

The side of my garage that my boat is on is a little lower than the other side where I park my truck. Snow melt water collects under the boat. What can I put between the two sides to stop/collect it? Cat litter, oil dry or?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So this is inside the garage? Yes, just build a wall of floor dry. Or leave the truck outside.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Cut a drain in.

Coletrain27

Floor fans and turn the heater on is how I dry my garage out. Got both running right now after yesterdays mess

Migz
    Lakeville

I have the same problem and 4-5 years ago I bought a couple tubes of PL-400 construction adhesive and laid a thick 3/4” bead to created a water dam. It creates a big lake of water that I can squeegee out after my truck metals off. The 3rd stall no longer has water running into it under the boat. This was my cheap fix till I can have the cement redone.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

I have the same problem and 4-5 years ago I bought a couple tubes of PL-400 construction adhesive and laid a thick 3/4” bead to created a water dam. It creates a big lake of water that I can squeegee out after my truck metals off. The 3rd stall no longer has water running into it under the boat. This was my cheap fix till I can have the cement redon

Same. But I use a can of spray foam. When the season is done, a sharp putty knife to remove it.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I have some low spots in my garage also where water likes to pool. What I did was take a hammer drill and pop a hole in the slab. Water now drains under the slab. 25 years and no issues.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have some low spots in my garage also where water likes to pool. What I did was take a hammer drill and pop a hole in the slab. Water now drains under the slab. 25 years and no issues.

This is advise I would never take. Water under the slab. Then it freezes and heaves. Thats the reason most folks now have gutters.
    The real answer is to cut in a drain troff and make the water go outside.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Migz wrote:</div>
    I have the same problem and 4-5 years ago I bought a couple tubes of PL-400 construction adhesive and laid a thick 3/4” bead to created a water dam. It creates a big lake of water that I can squeegee out after my truck metals off. The 3rd stall no longer has water running into it under the boat. This was my cheap fix till I can have the cement redon

Same. But I use a can of spray foam. When the season is done, a sharp putty knife to remove it.

This is what my buddy does. Seems to work great for him.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I would follow Bearcat’s lead. Pay someone to cut in some sort of drain. I’d strongly caution against suddenly drilling a hole in concrete for water to drain into. Caulking something on the floor would drive the OCD part of me crazy while also making a tripping hazard.

We’re putting in 2 drains equal distances apart in our new garage. Another good tip is to be sure to have a ceiling fan or two in your garage. It’s amazing how much heat gets trapped by the ceilings. Moving that warm air downward significantly helps things dry out and can save on heating costs.

iowa_josh

The car mats are nice. The salt stays on the mat so it doesn’t do something like rust out your garage door. Good for business, I guess.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

It pools on the truck side of the garage until there is too much then it travels to the boat side. If I keep up squeeging it out of the garage I don’t need to do anything else.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.