Snow conditions

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Anyone been on Winnie lately? We’re heading up in a couple weeks and just curious to what travel conditions are.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lake Winnie seems to get the least amount of attention of the big lakes online for some reason. I’ve never fished it but we are going up in a couple weeks out of High Banks, so any tips would be greatly appreciated! We plan on moving around a fair amount during the day chasing perch, and sounds like the humps and bars are a good starting point.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Highbanks is a great resort. Excellent roads, great hosts. Rick and Kim are super. Listen to what they say. They usually have a map of where road system and let you know where the fish are biting.

Of course for me that meant ya shoulda been here yesterday. I’ve stayed there numerous times.

Don’t forget to have a bloody Mary, top notch.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

BigWerm, we have a cabin rented at Highbanks next Thursday through Sunday. Will let you know what we find.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

BigWerm, we have a cabin rented at Highbanks next Thursday through Sunday. Will let you know what we find.

know which one by chance? # 11 is across from the lodge and right by the acess. it has a wood fireplace bring a splitting mall, they usually had wood piled by the cabin. waytogo

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

We are in #12

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We are in #12

pretty certain thats the cabin just south of #11. nice view of the lake.

have fun good luck!!!!!!!!!

orve4

Ill be up there the weekend of the 8-10. Have not fished Winnie for a while during the winter or this far north. We are going to spend Friday afternoon chasing perch. Saturday we plan on setting some tip ups and chsing pike. This could all change with cold temps and then the blood’s will catch hell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.