Snow

• ______________
    Inactive
    MN - 55082

Its finally starting to pile up north of Stillwater. Probably 2″ of lighter snow in the last hour on top of the crusty 1″ from yesterday.

Next week looks less than promising too. I feel bad for all the animals. I’ve never seen the number of roadkilled deer as I have over the past couple weeks.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180414-141507_Samsung-Internet.jpg

At some point today when the plow truck went through our mail box got taken out

Dave – maybe worth checking into in your area; Washington county MN will replace any damaged mailboxes that are purchased and installed through the county. I think it cost us $80 here.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

I had the bright idea to make chicken noodle soup so I went to the store. Made it back white knuckling it only to realize I had forgotten something. Being an idiot i went back out. Made it back to within 100 yards of my house and couldn’t get up the last hill. Managed to get the car parked in a restuarant parking lot at least and walked the rest of the way. Saw no less then 3 cars stuck and that was an hour ago.

Some people are really bad drivers I gotta say. I got one word for all those car drivers out there – momentum. You lose it and you ain’t going anywhere. Frustrating driving behind a person going 10 mph and you’re staring ahead at a big hill you know you need to hit going about 40 to make it up. Well glad I got some mixer at least. It’s a beautiful storm from the window

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

I know summer will come, but it’s so hard to imagine swimming in a lake this summer. I wonder how long it will take to warm up. It’s just so hard to picture anything summer ever coming at this point.

walleyeseeker
    Participant

Boat dealership was nice and quiet-what I wanted, stressful for me to spend big money-Thank you storm, bought a G3! (now should I upgrade to the 50 Yami? comes with a 40)

Now if you want to have some fun, ask them if you can upgrade to a Mercury.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tim hurley wrote:</div>
    Boat dealership was nice and quiet-what I wanted, stressful for me to spend big money-Thank you storm, bought a G3! (now should I upgrade to the 50 Yami? comes with a 40)

Now if you want to have some fun, ask them if you can upgrade to a Mercury.

It would be a downgrade, but might be fun to ask anyway.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

6-7 inches is the White Bear/Mahtomedi area and falling harder as I’m typing this.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The wind is the big thing here. It blows birds off the feeders and they try to fly and stay in one spot. lol Not a lot of snow though. Plenty of ice and frozen slop under the little snow we have to this point.

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

I know summer will come, but it’s so hard to imagine swimming in a lake this summer. I wonder how long it will take to warm up. It’s just so hard to picture anything summer ever coming at this point.

Guarantee it will be hotter than all get out this summer.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

There’s 18” in my driveway and none on the rails of my deck. I’d say I have an amount somewhere in between.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

There’s 18” in my driveway and none on the rails of my deck. I’d say I have an amount somewhere in between.

I was just noticing the same thing, how do they get an accurate measurement?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I had the bright idea to make chicken noodle soup so I went to the store. Made it back white knuckling it only to realize I had forgotten something. Being an idiot i went back out. Made it back to within 100 yards of my house and couldn’t get up the last hill. Managed to get the car parked in a restuarant parking lot at least and walked the rest of the way. Saw no less then 3 cars stuck and that was an hour ago.

Some people are really bad drivers I gotta say. I got one word for all those car drivers out there – momentum. You lose it and you ain’t going anywhere. Frustrating driving behind a person going 10 mph and you’re staring ahead at a big hill you know you need to hit going about 40 to make it up. Well glad I got some mixer at least. It’s a beautiful storm from the window

Oh crappie…lol, if you tried to go out in this car I’m certainly believing you, “Being an idiot i went back out.” lol

Once I learned that our church worship service was canceled for tomorrow morning, I decided I needed to get out today for more beer and booze and more cigarettes. blush

Needed all of the 4WD of the F150 just to get out of the driveway.

Attachments:
    1. crappie-car.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Roads are awful in metro. Don’t go out, I’m being serious. Never seen as many stranded cars as I did just now.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Wife’s outta town so I had to pack the kids up and venture out in the 4WD. Had a nice dinner at the local tavern, helped every minivan in St. Paul out of their parking spots, then drove right out of ours like a boss. Stopped at tiny target for mixers and dessert for the kiddos.

My daughter in the backseat: Dad your truck is pretty junky but it does OK in the snow.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I thought it wasn’t too bad out, we went out for sushi. Only issue was ground clearance and people driving in the ditch from not maintaining momentum.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Dang! I had to make a liquor store run. Muni’s in Farmington, Lakeville, Apple Valley all closed. Had to go to Rosemount.

Sure glad I don’t live in the days of Pilgrams, woulda took me three days to get booze.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Dang! I had to make a liquor store run. Muni’s in Farmington, Lakeville, Apple Valley all closed. Had to go to Rosemount.

Sure glad I don’t live in the days of Pilgrams, woulda took me three days to get booze.

Well, in today’s world you had to go out. Precisely why I went out earlier…you know, just in case? wink

Three things you never want to run out of…booze, coffee, and toilet paper. lol

Oh, and BTW…guessing them pilgrims weren’t 3 days out from booze. The “little stash” was long thought of before the pilgrims discovered America. laugh

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

in the spirit of not thinking about snow and dreaming of boating by opener, ALWAYS max out your boat’s HP rating if you have the means to do so…

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I’d say about 8″ in St Cloud now… 5 deer outside the window with snow on their backs… they look at me and are like WTF ??? (usually they start stomping and run away, not today… must be some browse there)

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I woke up and thought, “ha, they were wrong again.”

Well, it started snowing shortly thereafter, and we’re over 12″ now!

Attachments:
    1. 20180414_193641.jpg

Morel King
    Participant
    PLAINVIEW MN

Yea trout opener was great today yay

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I woke up and thought, “ha, they were wrong again.”

Well, it started snowing shortly thereafter, and we’re over 12″ now!

Well…

Attachments:
    1. surprise-gomer.jpg

Iowaboy1
    Participant

we havent had any snow here yet,,,,but as far as the weather as a whole this year is concerned:

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Made the drive from the metro to Willmar at 7am in just over 2 hours. The ride back was almost 4 hours…plenty of snow to be had and a total whiteout for most of the drive back.

Just busted a 3’+ drift in my driveway for the FW to get her SUV in the garage. It’ll be back in the morning…

deertracker
    Participant

Alexandria finally got a couple inches of snow tonight. Lots of blowing but not too bad.
    DT

gixxer01
    Participant
    Avon, MN

Make sure and thank a plow driver. Been at it for 15 hours now.

Attachments:
    1. 20180415_013519.jpg

MNdrifter
    Participant

Make sure and thank a plow driver. Been at it for 15 hours now.

Thanks for the service you render. Better get fuel though!!!!!!!

Edit: after zooming in I see your full. Never mind.

Attachments:
    1. 54FF4E17-FA9B-4B9A-8DBF-6E28D9E4DFA7.jpeg

Dave Lozier
    Participant
    Amherst, WI

And then the power goes.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

oh no !! did you get iced up first there ?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.