Smoke & Mirrors 2022 edition

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Give me MN for the win and cover. At -10, they’re a great candidate to include in some type of teaser parlay as well.

1. Syracuse lost 5 of 6 final games to end the season and should not be in a bowl game.

2. The Syracuse OC left, which always makes game planning and play calling very interesting and often chaotic.

3. The Big 10 (yes even the paltry West) is a superior conference.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Random thoughts here:

-I would also pick the Gophers, probably to cover, although if closer-by Syracuse fans do travel well it’ll be like a home game to them.

-Jerry Kill just got his first bowl game victory the other day? I wouldn’t have guessed that was his first ever.

-Spann-Ford announced yesterday he’ll be coming back next season. While like a lot on here I wish we got more out of him and his size, I can’t complain about getting the experience coming back and everything passing-game-wise should(?) be on the up with a full offseason and practice with Athan.

-No one really knows how to evaluate signing days, but some have said the Gophers made some progress in improving the WR group, which will be good if they want to really use Athan and get away from being one of the most run-heavy teams in college football.

-Who knows what future value bowl games like this hold, but Gophers social media has put out a lot of content on what the team’s been up to. Touring NYC, Rockafeller center, 9/11 memorial, MSG for a Rangers hockey game, etc. Looks like the kids are getting a lot of time to have a lot of fun and see things they otherwise wouldn’t have, which is cool to see.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Anyone know where I can radio stream the game?

-J.

stout93
    Becker MN

Mo Ibrahim just set the single season MN rushing record.

Pretty damn impressive considering the RBs that have come through the U of M and for Mo coming off his injury last year..

JEREMY
    BP

And here comes Tanner Morgan. Yaaaa

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Kaliakmanis got hurt. Enter 6th year super senior, Tanner Morgan.

Kaliakmanis needed help getting off the field. Wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg.

stout93
    Becker MN

Kaliakmanis got hurt. Enter 6th year super senior, Tanner Morgan.

early guess is that we’ll need to find a new QB for next year…at least the first half of the season..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Anyone know where I can radio stream the game?

-J.

KFAN 100.3 in the metro, or the iHeart app

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

KFAN 100.3 in the metro, or the iHeart app

Blocked for streaming – local market. (ESPN too) smash

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

Slow at work this afternoon. Glad I remembered my Directv app password. Kinda sucks watching on phone but beats staring at the wall.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Blocked for streaming – local market. (ESPN too) smash

-J.

Ahh gotcha, sorry I thought you meant regular radio as I’m listening to it on KFAN right now.

stout93
    Becker MN

Looks like they got Mo the record and then holding him out thinking of his future.

Good call on PJs part.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

-Jerry Kill just got his first bowl game victory the other day? I wouldn’t have guessed that was his first ever.

Meanwhile PJ is about to go 4-0 in Bowl Games at the U. And has made it to New Years Day bowl games the Cotton (Western Michigan 16- WI 24) and the Outback (Gophers 31-Auburn 24). whistling whistling whistling

ThunderLund78

Lookin’ good for the Goophs in NY! Man that natural turf is in bad shape. Not over til it’s over with this squad…

Brad Dimond

good for the Goophs in NY! Man that natural turf is in bad shape. Not over til it’s over with this sq

Yankee’s ground crew is going to be repairing that turf until opening day.

MX1825

Congrats to the Gophers. Another Big 10 Bowl win!

Dan
    Southeast MN

When Tanner was in and threw a couple good deep balls, did anyone else feel like it was hooking up with your ex? Like, you know it shouldn’t be happening, but it felt good like the old times?

Anyway…..

Hey I think PJ and the Gophers should host a clinic at Target Field and invite the Pohlads & all Twins and call it “How to Win at Yankee Stadium.” jester

All in all kind of a feel good game. Probably because of the longevity/tenure and adversity over the last 6 years or so and playing in front of empty stadiums, but I think the world of Tanner and Mo; they’re damn good guys and have been pretty solid players and classy leaders for this team. Glad to see Mo get his records and that Tanner got to have a fun game on his way out.

Viewing 18 posts - 301 through 318 (of 318 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.