Smallmouth bite back on?

• daddy

I was out there a few weeks ago during the hatch, and got skunked. missed the few bites that I did have. I know fishing can be tough during the mayfly hatch. I also heard the lake has been heavily pressured by people from out of state coming for the smallmouth bite. Anyone been out? Is the bite back on?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I was out on Sunday walleye fishing the north and west side’s, and I think there was one boat within a mile of us all day. Maybe the East and South shore were bumper boats, but I think not. We didn’t run into any smallies, and very few walleye for that matter. It’s my opinion the lake is full of food (and fish if electronics are to be trusted) right now, and you’re competing with a never ending buffet.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I was out on Saturday 11th from 7am till 330pm. I fished the south east end and managed 8 bass and 6 walleyes. Biggest bass was a 21.75″ giant. My best from mille lacs. All fish came on 18-22 ft. I caught half on a jig and crawlers and half on a ned rig. Fishing slow on bottom was key.

daddy

AWESOME! Might be time to head back out there!

daddy

Ya, I suppose you are right.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The lake was HEAVILY pressured by bass anglers this spring. I was out there 4 times in June and saw no less than 40 bass boats each time. A lot from out of state like Texas, Alabama, and Missouri. BigWerm is right, the combination of pressure and other food available makes for a tough bite.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.