Smallies Just Never Quit!

• Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Sometimes it is refreshing to target something other then walleyes. I know, I know…sounds crazy right… I actually get quite a few muskie trips too. But wow did we have a fun smallie trip the other day! We had a boatful of anglers and had an absolute blast catching smallmouth from 13 to 19 inches. These fish are so much fun to reel in…they just never quit fighting. Just when you think you got ’em they make another run and another and another and another… Thanks Bruce for bring the family up to fish with me again! Tubes and senkos were the ticket btw!

Attachments:
    1. Bruce...good-pose.jpg

2. Allie-and-Nick-July-17.jpg

3. Nice-Smallie.jpg

4. Travis-July-17-2.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve had the opportunity to get out on the Mississippi and St. Croix several times in the last few weeks and we’ve had some very good luck chasing Samllies. We’ve caught fish exceeding 18 inches as well as a lot of smaller fish. And I really honestly think the 15-16 inchers are the most fun. They tear around faster, they jump higher, they’re just nuts. Great fun!

SR

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

I’ve had the opportunity to get out on the Mississippi and St. Croix several times in the last few weeks and we’ve had some very good luck chasing Samllies. We’ve caught fish exceeding 18 inches as well as a lot of smaller fish. And I really honestly think the 15-16 inchers are the most fun. They tear around faster, they jump higher, they’re just nuts. Great fun!

SR

Those are some prime smallmouth waters! Great fun indeed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.