Mille Lacs Muskie Tourney

• Besox

Anyone have the results for the Musky tournament from this weekend?

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Buechner and Hammernick had 5 fish, I believe top three all had 3 fish or more. Everyone made the run to the North End, we had Vineland basically all to ourselves on Saturday, and the same with Wahkon on Sunday. Apparently the north end was the place to be. We didn’t see a fish in Vineland, and we fished ALL of it. I had a really good fish miss a Dunwright Dancer on Sunday morning in Wahkon, came all the way out of the water with the bait laying on his nose, guessing upper forties low fifties. It was like slow motion right in front of us, it almost looked like one of those Great White Shark Seal attacks down in Australia. Lake surface temp dropped from 78 early last week, to 69 on Saturday, to 65 when we got off the water yesterday afternoon. Some guys had it figured out, most didn’t.

Besox

Thanks Dan. Do you know what the pattern was up there? What do you think will be the best attack in the next few weeks up there?

Bob Bowman
    MN

I got a deer on Sunday morning

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

The only thing we killed up there!!! Amazingly the only damage was to the mega mudflaps hanging on the receiver. The ol’ tandem axel guillotine. That poor girl got Rangerfied!!!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Quote:

Thanks Dan. Do you know what the pattern was up there? What do you think will be the best attack in the next few weeks up there?

You’re asking me? As a fellow that just got humbled by the big lake, I can give you little as to what pattern is putting 5 fish in the boat. What I can say is that the north end must still be quite hot. So, that being the case, you only have to narrow down the 23 miles of shore from Garrison to Malmo, to a couple of productive spots (Ha-Ha). I would suggest focusing on Knox Point and to the East. The weeds are in good shape on the 8-14′ break, stick with what people have been saying is working, Cowgirls and Mag-Dawgs. I will be going up again this weekend, and focusing solely on that end. Give me a call if you want to tag along. 612-247-9398

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

He must not want to keep that boat at home!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.