Skeeter's MX 1825 for the Muskie Angler

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Ryan McMahon is an angler and guide from Minnesota with a burning passion for catching muskie. In this short video, Ryan shares what he was looking for as a muskie angler from his “next” fishing boat and tells his story of how he came to decide on a Skeeter MX1825.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Real nice vid. Well produced.

artifishal
    Participant

There’s no muskies in Big Marine ;) haha, very cool video though.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There’s no muskies in Big Marine ;) haha, very cool video though.

Good eye, sir! The location for this short video was chosen to NOT have muskie since this was filmed a couple weeks before the muskie opener. Casting big baits on a muskie lake prior to opener would likely be frowned up, if you know what I mean.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

nice video, but those single console MX1825’s look so goofy… I can see the benefits though for Muskie guides… near the end of the video it shows a clip of the back of the boat and there appears to be an extended casting deck installed, was that short clip taken from a MX2025 boat or is that a custom MX1825 extended casting deck Ryan made?

I’ve looked into making my own MX1825 extended rear deck but there’s no way it won’t get in the way of your side rod and storage lockers..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

nice video, but those single console MX1825’s look so goofy… I can see the benefits though for Muskie guides… near the end of the video it shows a clip of the back of the boat and there appears to be an extended casting deck installed, was that short clip taken from a MX2025 boat or is that a custom MX1825 extended casting deck Ryan made?

I’ve looked into making my own MX1825 extended rear deck but there’s no way it won’t get in the way of your side rod and storage lockers..

That particular shot of Ryan hooking up the big sucker minnow was from my 2025.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

but those single console MX1825’s look so goofy

I’m a symmetry guy so I think all single console boats look a little off.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

That particular shot of Ryan hooking up the big sucker minnow was from my 2025.

was that from an IDO show? if so, what season and episode? if it’s not from a show, please put that on the episode list for next season! (Muskie’s caught via large suckers)

John B
    Participant

Ryan works on my Pro Staff and he was the main reason I recently purchased a MX1825 from Skeeter Boat Center. When I started boat shopping, he was very knowledgeable about the boat and really showed me alot of the nice features and strong points too it. It helped make my decision an easy one. He also knows a thing or two about catching Muskies. ;-)

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

was that from an IDO show? if so, what season and episode? if it’s not from a show, please put that on the episode list for next season! (Muskie’s caught via large suckers)

We filmed this with Ryan in the metro a couple falls back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.