Skeeter Trailer Issues

• mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Anyone have any issues with too much camber(top of tire tilted in) on their single axle trailer with torsion axles? I noticed this about 6 weeks ago. Last week noticed that the very inside of my tires were just about down to the cords. Well tonight I go to put new tires on and when I pull the wheels there is so much camber that the tires rub on the inside fender. This is sitting under a Skeeter MX1825. Looks like some phone calls are in order tomorrow.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

I’m curious, have you ever dragged your rig over a scale, to determine your actual “as loaded” axle weight? I wonder how it would compare to the axle rating used by Skeeter on that rig.

HRG

clawman
    Participant
    Spokane Wa

I have had trouble with tires wearing out on the outside edge.My trailer will be 2 years old in January and the tough skin or whatever it is called is peeling on the edges.
    These trailers are made by E-Z Loader and a primary reason why I would not buy another Skeeter

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Common issue with so many manufacturers. Trailer is matched up to bare bones weight. Add a few years of added water weight, gear, full tank of gass….and issues. Had the same problem with a lund I bought and an ebtide. Friends with rangers, skeeter, starcraft, tuffy….same issues. I bumped up the axel rating another 1000 pounds and never had another issue other than crappy tires

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

I am still working on my issue and will report back in a week about what I did to correct it.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

take it loaded to a frame shop, to correct waytogo

clawman
    Participant
    Spokane Wa

The first tire was completely bald on the outside tread in 1500 miles. EZ loader sent me a new hub and torsion arm (not even painted). I had to pay 150. to have it installed at the local EZ loader distributor. I now probably have 10k on the second tire and it is smooth on the same pattern as the original. EZ loader won’t take any responsibility.
    I’m finished!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.