Skeeter mx 1825 front rod locker upgrade

• CRAIG HOLLAND

Question to see if anyone has engineered an upgrade on this. Really like my boat but the front rod locker lock isn’t very sturdy. Anyone have a solution they like for this?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve seen a steel bar solution that went across the front bow doors, I believe it requires drilling 2 holes in your fiberglass sidewalls though…

My worry has always been if somebody is daring enough to want to break into your boat, they’ll do ALOT more damage tearing through locks with crowbars and such vs leaving doors unlocked and they just take the stuff…its easier to go buy new rods and tackle vs fiberglass repairs of your boat locker frames…

HMoshier

Looks like it only needs a slightly longer tab but it’s not something that looks easily made. I leave mine unlocked with nothing in it but spare life jackets. My musky rods don’t fit in it anyway.

Hatch99

I do the same thing as Howard. Leave it unlocked with miscellaneous low value items. Life jackets, towels, my back up/ 2nd old drift sock. On a side note I started hanging my throw cushion from a back rod holder using it for a cushion next to my Engle cooler holding my shiners. Flip the cushion over the side before I gas up at the dock for extra protection to my boat. So far so good!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.