Side imagery issues

• Michael Best
    Participant

I have a helix 10 G3 with side imagery and have had problems getting it to show imagery ever since I bought it.
    There is a 2D transducer in the back that is a shoot through the hull ducer and us Yed into a DI/SI ducer that goes to the helix 10.

It is networked with my helix 9 and helix 12 on the bow. The helix 9 is a G3 with down imagery. The helix 12 is a G4 and down imagery. The 9 is hooked up to my minnkota with built in transducer. The 12 is hooked up to my 360.
    The 360 can be pulled up on all the units through the network. The 2D transducer can be pulled up on all the units through the network.

What could be causing my SI not to work.
    I will include a photo of what my screen looks like.

Attachments:
    1. FEE51196-9811-4A03-B1BB-179BFB4804D8.jpeg

Michael Best
    Participant

Photo

Attachments:
    1. E63CA91A-93A1-4011-960F-65167BC9BDCE.jpeg

Smellson
    Participant

Looks like a little electric interference and potentially your right si getting partially blocked by the motor or hull (depending on where the transducer is mounted).

Michael Best
    Participant

The transducer is to the right of the motor.

I understand what your saying about electrical interference. I never thought of that. What I am going to try is putting a battery under the console and hooking up the depth finder direct to that battery alone to see if I can isolate that as being the problem.
    What is weird is the down imagery works great. I have a helix 12 with 360 imagery on the bow and that has no electrical interference.

Smellson
    Participant

I had a similar issue with my si (the light/dark lines) I just re-checked all connections and dropped my transducer cable away from the rest of the wires that it was bundled with running back to the battery. That fixed my issue. Not sure if I had a bad connection somewhere or if the transducer cable is just very sensitive to interference from other wires.

Billy Herron
    Participant

I had interference with 2D and the only way I could fix it was start pulling wires out and pulling decks to get to them out on the water, found a roll of ducer wire against the alu hull tied to the power wire roll. Pulled them apart tied them with wire ties to the wood deck separately and interference gone. That was after drilling holes in the foot of a new Terrova running a ground wire down the shaft to the foot and installing two different electronic toys as per birds request to no avail. Ground wire is already in the shaft of the Terrova and has been for years along with a fuse in the head that can blow and I think you loose your ground. This took three months to figure out and fix. Lesson learned always install your own equipment thats not factory installed and dont call the bird unless its a last resort.

Michael Best
    Participant

After a year of fighting with my side imagery today the problem was finally solved.
    For some reason humminbird never installed all the pins in the end of the cord for my transducer (XM 9 HW MSI T).
    Since I run a Y cable with a shoot thru the hull 2D transducer I don’t even know if the 2D works on the transducer. The only thing confirmed to work is DI.

Just wanted to give an update for anyone to find if they are having SI issues and this could be the problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.