Congrats!

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Congrats to fellow IDOer Chris Augustyn and his partner Jeremy McCarter…they took 2nd in the Rose Memorial Tourny this weekend at Sherman! I don’t remember the exact number of teams, but I believe it was in the mid-50s. These buddies of mine are great guys who deserve a good day on the water, and I’m happy they got one. Nice goin!

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Congrats guys!!! That bite turned tough for a lot of anglers including myself. Way to stick with it and figure out where they went.

You should fill us in on a little recap of your day. I’d love to hear the story.

hunter_aug
    Participant
    Holdrege, Ne

Thanks guys!!
    So here’s the scoop. We pre fished two days with very mixed results. We like almost everybody found fish in 15-30FOW on the west end of the lake. During this time we caught more 18-23″ fish using live bait from 7-9am. Then it turned off to smaller 14-17″ fish. From then on it seemed cranks (Flicker Shads & Shad Raps) were the way to go. We tried every color but had are best luck on natural colors.

Tournament day we set out to live baiting early then switched over to trolling cranks. The live bait caught us some fish but not the ones we were looking for. We started trolling around 9:30 in 25-30 FOW & on our first pass we picked up an 18″ fish and lost one. So we turned around and took the same line in and pick up an 18-1/2 a short and a 24″ slot fish. Next pass an 18-1/2; then knowing one more over 18” mark would have us sitting really good a grueling 2hours later a 19-1/2″ gift from god. The next 3hours were spent looking for a hog we couldn’t find.

I’ll I can say is it was just our day the 3rd place team was fishing right next to us and finished .04lb behind us. Now that’s close!!!

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks for the post, Chris!

Sounds like you had em figured out. Nice goin!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.