open water

• huntnrut
    Participant

was told their is open water. my source likes to B.S. alot. Anybody been their lately

dentmeister1
    Participant

Yeah there is open water there, but it is their’s. Their open water is the best because it is their’s. Your ice is better because it is there and you are there. They might share information better if your questions were in gramatical formation with the Engish langauge. Lood guck!

johnie1610
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

we have open water and we have ice where I am at maybe you should tell us where you want to know the ice is off!

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

I was down on p4 all day today and the ramps at Everts were WIDE OPEN

huntnrut
    Participant

dentmeister1,
    Thanks for being a [censored]. I guess since my post is in Nebraska waters under Sherman Reservoir, I thought you would figure out where I was asking about open water.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

This is from Garver earlier today.

“Sherman in mid April with ice out as late as it’s going to be this year could change the game. Typically the ice is off Sherman by St.Patricks Day however, this year could be April 1. We’re gonna need some sunny and warm weather with wind to get the ice off Sherman by Apr.1 and even then it could change migration patterns.”

cpetey
    Participant
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

Yeah there is open water there, but it is their’s. Their open water is the best because it is their’s. Your ice is better because it is there and you are there. They might share information better if your questions were in gramatical formation with the Engish langauge. Lood guck!

Go easy on the guy. By the way, I believe “their’s” does not exist in the English language. To show ownership, we could use the third person plural possessive noun “theirs”.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Easy guys. There is only one person here who can have their balls busted for grammatical errors (which by the way is spelled “grammatical”, not “gramatical” ) and that is Brian Klawitter. All others must be treated in a civil manner.

rippin-lips
    Participant
    Kearney

Yes there is some open water on Sherman. I will post pictures and updates as the lake opens up. I have been working at the lake building some boat docks. Hopefully the ice stays in the bay for the week. Need to get another dock set.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I resemple that Wad.

rippin-lips
    Participant
    Kearney

Well so much for getting on the ice again. Holy crap someone must have flew over and dumped ice melt on the lake. The only ice left is on the main lake and going fast. Trail 8 is all open and the main lake is open from prarie dog point north. Thunder bay still has ice and the marina is still partially froze.
    All ice should be gone by the end of the week at this rate.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Damn. Wasn’t expecting that, but that’s news I think we’ll all take at this point. This winter has been freakin brutal, I’m glad to see it leaving. The ice should be gone after our Wed and Thur down here.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

WOW!! That’s great news!!!

Are any of the boat ramps opened up yet??? I might have to head up there on Sunday.

shermanator
    Participant
    Nebraska

As of Tuesday morning, Trail 8, Trail 10, and Willow Point our open. Ewe can creep in two the marina cove with a small boat. Their is a strip of open water along the damn, by the mourning glory, but otherwise is socked in by a bout 100 yds of white ice. The main portion of the remaining ice is honeycombed. Trail 3 has dark ice, but will take a little while longer to meld. Hope this helps and sorry for my grammer and spelling. Sherm

canepole1
    Participant

Was at sherman yesterday (mon.) As of 2 pm there were no open boat ramps. My guess the first to open will be the private cabin area boat ramp.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

Worked on the dock at our cabin in the permies on trail 12 on Sunday. There was a strip of ice along the shore but the lake was open from the inlet to the islands for sure. Went down to the private cabins ramp and it still was frozen in, so you would not be able to use it.

The ice really raised hell with our dock and most of those on our shore line. We were able to stand in water and ice and do enough digging and jacking to get the front posts straightened. But it will take some major digging to get it back down. Mother nature is something not to mess with; especially when they leave the lake as high as they did this winter. About a month until they start to fill the lake. Maybe during that time we can get it straightened out enough to be usable. Many of those close to ours are “toast.” Bring five gallons of gas and the marshmellows cause there is no helping them.

shermanator
    Participant
    Nebraska

That sucks Flatwalter. But, will this be the “normal” winter level now?

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

Quote:

That sucks Flatwalter. But, will this be the “normal” winter level now?

We were told last fall that it was the “winter pool” that they had always used in the past. But this is the first time that we have had water on the front row of poles on our dock. We have owned the cabin for a long time , thirty years or better. This is only the second time that we have had to do any dock work and I was much younger then. There is some discussion between the cabin owners association and the irrigation district about possibly keeping it lower again.

rippin-lips
    Participant
    Kearney

Flatwalter that sucks your docks got messed up. Do I need to drop off my business cards to your neighbors.

Luckily all the docks in our bay survived with no problems.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

Certainly wouldn’t hurt. All of them from 83, that is our cabin, to the end got crunched up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.