Sherman, Saturday, October 20th

• djorg
    Central City, NE

It’s hard to say this but the fishing at Sherman was as bad as listening to the Huskers get beat by A&M.

Bright skies, light winds, 55 F water temps and a lot of enthusiasm were not enough to bring any walleyes into the boat today. The fish are still scattered throughout the water column and throughout the main lake. I heard of two walleyes coming to the boat today. One 18″ fish by a cabin owner down by the islands and a 8# fish that was caught by some crappie fishermen in a boat off of the dam. It was actually caught by the man’s wife while he napped during the Nebraska game.

We trolled cranks in from 10′ to 25′, drifted points and vertical jigged but nothing seemed to work. Tried for crappie off of the dam and some deep tree piles. Talked to a friend who was drifting for flatheads and he had no luck either.

Hope that it is not time to put the boat away for the winter.

Good fishin’
    jorg

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sorry to hear of the crappy luck. Combined with other fishing reports, it seems this pneumonia I got didn’t really keep me from anything!

Was it Marty who was drifting for flats, in a new Tuffy?

djorg
    Central City, NE

Yep, nice looking boat. He says that it is a lot faster than the others that he has had.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Cool. On my way down to Ben’s Wed night I’m going to give him a call and see if he’s around. I want to check that thing out!

djorg
    Central City, NE

The boat really looks nice and he didn’t have a dog with him so you know that it is new.

Hope you get over the crud so that you can enjoy the full moon over “the Walleye Factory.” Those of us who can’t make the trip just hope to have some good enough weather to get back on the lakes around here. Hopefully the fall bite will turn on soon.

dj

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Marty’s new Tuffy is nice!! And I think he is getting the new boat bugs worked out of it now. It sits in the water really nice and it seems to be put together very well. He hadn’t had it out in the wind yet the last time that I talked to him but otherwise he seems pleased.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I don’t think he is yet, but I wouldn’t bet that he isn’t “lurking”.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Marty- if you’re lurking you better get signed up. There’s no better place to brag about your new boat than here. We’d all like to see some pics of this rig!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.