Anyone fish Sherman lately?

• jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

I am heading to Sherman this weekend and possibly Calamus. Has anyone fished either of these lakes lately? It has been over a year since I have been to either lake. I have had some luck pulling spinners at Sherman this time of year before. Anyone know if this technique is working out there right now?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Spinners should work right now. You can find most of the eyes from 1 fow to 12 fow right now. Livebait on the upper 1/2 of the lake is what you’ll see most guys doing. Keep your eyes out for my Skeeter. I’ll be there from Friday on. Good luck.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for you. I will be in a Tracker. Good Luck to you also.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Since when do YOU fish Sherman, Ben???

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Ben,

I get vacation during the first week of July and I am deciding where I will go for some fishing during that time off. Do you think there is any chance the walleye will still be that shallow then that I can reach them casting from shore?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Ben,

I get vacation during the first week of July and I am deciding where I will go for some fishing during that time off. Do you think there is any chance the walleye will still be that shallow then that I can reach them casting from shore?

If this dry weather continues and the lake drops 3+ feet the shallow bite will start to go away. I believe it has already dropped 8″ or so. Irrigation has started but there is finally some rain in the forecast. I’ll be up there the next 4 weekends and will try to keep you updated.

PS, I have a couple open days for a guide trip that week.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Quote:

I’ll be up there the next 4 weekends and will try to keep you updated.

PS, I have a couple open days for a guide trip that week.

Will appreciate any updates. I was giving using a guide some consideration so good to know you have availability. I will keep you at the top of my list if I decide to go that route.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Keep your eyes out for my Skeeter. I’ll be there from Friday on. Good luck.

You weren’t on Lewis & Clark last weekend (Saturday morning) by chance?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

Keep your eyes out for my Skeeter. I’ll be there from Friday on. Good luck.

You weren’t on Lewis & Clark last weekend (Saturday morning) by chance?

Nope, wasn’t me.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Ben how did you do this weekend? We had really slow fishing on Friday at Sherman and it didn’t get much better at Calamus on Saturday. The people we talked to said they weren’t having much luck either. It was still better than working though.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I didn’t have as much time to fish as I thought I would. I only made it out for a few hours on Sat. I did a little trolling and didn’t catch any keeper walleye. We had some nice crappie and a 48# flathead. That was fun on a 12 ft trolling rod.

I’ll get a pic up later tonight.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Here she is. 43.5″ and 48#s.

whitetips2

Quote:

Here she is. 43.5″ and 48#s.

That’s a beauty, Ben! Congratulations!

I thought you were a walleye fisherman?

Daryl “Love those flatties” B.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow, some fish, Ben. That’s a nice one!

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Impressive fish

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.