Sheds everywhere

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My buddy back home winters up to 500 head of deer every year. He was able to spend a few hours this past weekend shed hunting. They found over a 100 horns in total.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Not even in my wildest dreams…

coppertop
    Central MN

Man what I wouldn’t give to even have sloppy seconds in a spot like that! That would make for a long walk home. Congrats to him. Does he always find this many?

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

Now that is a lot of bone.
    Does he sell most of them each yeat. I can see how extra storage space for horns could get limited very quick.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not sure he picked up this many in years past, but we had one of those winters that really herded up the deer also. At this point, I think he just keeps all the horns.

I can remember during one of my trips back there this winter yote hunting, sitting on the hill overlooking this place. It was like cockroaches in the night. The ground just seemed to be moving. Crazy amount of deer wintered there this year. They have a few hundred acres that is primarily all food plots. I’m very jealous of the meca they are creating!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

WOW, would love to going looking in a spot like that.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Saving a lot of flat tires on farm equipment if nothing else. Sounds like one of those spots we all dream about getting on someday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.