My biggest shed so far

• pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

This is the shed that was found 50 yards away from hookinfinger saturday. Did quick measurements and it is around 52inchs

This is how I found it

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Have to post pictures of how it was found, still cant believe you saw that one

lick

congrats on the nice shed

and welcome to ido

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congratulations Pool5hunter and welcome to IDO!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

wow how did you see that Great shed

lick

talk about finding the needle i the hay stack good eyes

coppertop
    Central MN

Holy #$&*! I thought I had a good eye finding 1.5 yr olds spike. You deserve that shed!!!! Congrats on an awesome find! The color is too good to have been from his prior set but man that must have been there awhile.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Holy #$&*! I thought I had a good eye finding 1.5 yr olds spike. You deserve that shed!!!! Congrats on an awesome find! The color is too good to have been from his prior set but man that must have been there awhile.

I kind of thought at first it might be from last year but i agree with you, it was from a piece of public land so im sure its been there since early january.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

Great job on spotting that one. The ATL picture gives the find much more depth.

I don’t think that shed is from this winter. Just by looking, it is likely at least year old. The tine color is very good, but the key is in the pedistal. IMO, any time they are green, they are at least a year old. From what I’ve read, the green is caused from algae growth. And we don’t get much algae growth in the midwest in the winter (especially this year).

Good luck finding more

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Congratulations Pool5hunter and welcome to IDO!

Ditto!

DugMer

Great looking shed and I think the best is yet to come. I saw two bucks with horns last night in Chippewa Falls.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I don’t think that shed is from this winter. Just by looking, it is likely at least year old. The tine color is very good, but the key is in the pedistal. IMO, any time they are green, they are at least a year old. From what I’ve read, the green is caused from algae growth. And we don’t get much algae growth in the midwest in the winter (especially this year).

Good luck finding more

I happen to agree. At first look,second and third, I don’t see how it could get that tangled up in old growth like that. I’m no expert but grass laying over a shed is one thing, that mess is another.

Great Find and welcome to IDO!!

coppertop
    Central MN

I didn’t even see the green. Most likely right that is is a year old. Still a top shed!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Good find! You have some good eyes. I would have walked right by it.

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Great find! I have a big fat zero on sheds this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.