This w-ends finds

• coppertop
    Participant
    Central MN

So with the gf out of town I figured I better capitalize on the w-end with some shed hunting. On Saturday my day started at 8am and ended at 6pm. On this day I searched 3 different properties and my only payoff was a dead buck but I will be back to one of them as I saw 2 bucks that were a minimum of 130″ still wearing both sides. On Sunday I rested up until noon and headed out. I found my 3rd matched set of my life in the first hour. In 15 years of searching I’ve never found them laying so close to each other. In a period of 5 years these are 2 of 4 I’ve found within 20 yrds of each other, the deer love to soak up the sun under some tall pines. There’s a ton of snow in my areas yet so hopefully the thaw continues. Although I’m praying for some fresh stuff to rule out unproductive areas where the 2 big boys are!! Sounds like a fair amount of bucks are holding strong so don’t give up! Good luck to all searching.

coppertop
    Participant
    Central MN

Sheez, I just used Google Earth to measure my paths over the w-end. I logged 14.2 miles between Sat and Sun. Which boils down 7.1miles/shed . It’s no wonder my knees look like grapefruits.

hooknfinger
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nice finds! I dont even want to compute the amount of miles ive put on this year to the amount of sheds found. Thats like keeping track of how much money is spent each season on hunting/fishing

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

Nice work Randy! Glad to see you passing up on the beer drinking sat night to head out on Sunday only to have some luck! If you would not have found something I would be razzing you on all the fun we had!

protourbaits
    Participant
    stillwater, MN

dang thats a lot of walking Is that a zig zag tactic you do when you shed hunt to get that many miles?? congrats on the match

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats CT.

Well, I put on another 4 hours this weekend in snow up North with still a big fat ZERO.

craig daugherty
    Participant
    Osseo, Mn

Great Sheds!
    Was out on Sunday in the North….All I found were foot prints and no sheds.

ragerunner
    Participant
    Winona, MN

I’m glad someone is finding sheds. I took off work on Friday to look and notched another zero. On of my dad’s friends stopped by my house on Saturday night to brag about the 22 sheds he has found in the last two days of hunting. He had one that measured 88 inches I believe. I should’ve taken a picture. I haven’t slept for the last two nights just thinking about it and it’s other side.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Can I count miles in the truck looking ???? I find myself scanning ditches along country roads, especially along fencelines…. I think I got it bad Nice finds copper

big G

Brad Juaire
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Congratulations Randy! Any time a guy can find a matched set, it is truly a tine to celebrate!

14 miles? That is dedication!

lick
    Participant

good work randy i could do 14 miles a day easy (on the 4-wheeler)

swimingjig
    Participant
    Waumandee, WI

Great job! You sure do put in your time.

catillac
    Participant

2 on, 1 off.

Brad Juaire
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on the shed find Catillac! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.