My First Shed…..Ever!

• biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Wow, that looks like 16-18″ of good ice . I haven’t seen that anywhere up here in the north metro.

Just goes to show you what the damn snow does to the early ice!!!

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

SO,

Coppertop and I headed out for a few hours on Sunday.. Time was about up and we decided to hop on a few smaller trails on the way back to the trucks. My eyes were going buggy and my mind was playing tricks on me when I looked to my left and there it was. I’ve been shed hunting off and on for 10 years or so,, but only making it out once a year,at best. And I gotta tell ya, it’s nearly as exciting as taking a deer. It’s almost like I have some type of disease now because it’s all I can think about. Plans are in the mix to head out to another spot this weekend.

His G2’s are 8″ on the nose and the main beam is 17″. Based on the curl I think he nearly touched beams. Not a monster but a nice 2 1/2 year old. The critters already started to get at him as you can see, but as Coppertop mentioned, laid with the tines up and you can barely notice it. I am without a doubt hooked now,wifey ain’t gonna like this.

lick
    Participant

awesome did you do the shed sprint to it and the happy dance after you got it????

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Nice Now go find the other side

big G

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

Quote:

awesome did you do the shed sprint to it and the happy dance after you got it????

Ha. It woulda been more like a dive at the goalline. It was about 10 feet away when I first saw it. I just yelped, UH, Found one!

ragerunner
    Participant
    Winona, MN

Good for you, Walleye! Shed hunting is very addicting. Best of luck on finding more.

walleyefisher87
    Participant
    Central MN/SJU

Nice work, i’ve only found two in my life, but im still hoping the third is right around the corner. Congrats

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats WB!

I’m hoping I can get out on Sunday this week!

mark_johnson
    Participant
    St. Croix River

Nice find! Glad you found it before the tree rats really got into it

coppertop
    Participant
    Central MN

but mostly for you! Congrats on your first! Have fun curing the fever!

rvrat
    Participant
    st cloud,mn

Congrats on a great find..I went back out Sun and another nothing..I may have to follw you next time you head out …Jay

TeamBurbot
    Participant

Very nice!! those will be poking up all over the place now. good job at finding the shed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.