Searching for Giant River Carp – video

• Jordan Weiler

Carp fishing is an absolute blast and pound for pound put up one of the best fights out of any fish!

The cheapest and most effective way to target carp in my experience has been using canned sweet corn on a single hook. I run my main line to a slip sinker, then a barrel swivel, then a foot or foot and a half of flurocarbon leader, a single hook and the bait.

Here’s some carp fishing footage from two different days. The first day I had a tough go around and got skunked but my buddy ended up catching a few. Second day I hooked into a bunch and ended up getting two huge carp plus some smaller ones.

I was running an Uglystik with 8# ten year old Spiderwire, fortunately it held up for quite a few fish but I did end up breaking off on one fish.

Light line and gear+huge carp=one heck of a fight! My other set up was a Walmart special $20 combo with 10# test flurocarbon.

I like to run cheaper set ups because I’ve seen rods go flying in the water from carp grabbing them before! I’d rather lose a $20 set up than see a $180 St. Croix combo disappear in the river.

Thanks for watching,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.