Pierre / Ft. Pierre

• fireline
    Rochester

Does anyone know if Carls Bait Shop in Ft.Pierre or any other bait shops have email addresses ?

walleyewizard

We were out there in June and I think I noticed that Carl\\\’s was closed. I don\\\’t know of any other bait shops out there, but I\\\’m sure you could do a search on line.

brada

Carls is closed.

Mike McClelland opened a new bait shop down the road from Carls on the way to the dam.

The number for McClellands is 605-223-9126.

Otherwise, try Dakotamart in Pierre. They have bait and a web site.

Brad

redneck
    Rosemount

The ongoing saga of bait shops in Ft. Pierre continues. McClellands closed the bait shop portion of his operation and it is now just a restaurant.
    The sign in front of Carl’s says “open”. I think someone else bought it out and opened it back up. It has been closed the last few months but Labor Day weekend the open sign was out. Dakotamart does have bait if all else fails and about anything else you would need to—except maybe up to the minute fishing reports.

fireline
    Rochester

Redneck ,we were told the person that bought Carl’s was a guy with two Son’s that didn’t like to work the hours so it closed too .We got our bait at the marina and at City Service station by the Budget Host Motel .

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

The guy who bought Carl’s bait shop is Deputy Dan Miller. As far as I know it is still open. He is big into hunting, so I imagine it is going to turn into an all around sport shop.

Redneck,
    You will likely be hunting his land this year if you go with us.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Here we are with Deputy Dan after our hunt

redneck
    Rosemount

Justin,
    How’s it going? I forget to check in here so I missed this post. I remember a post last year mentioning Deputy Dan and I did see the name on the sign outside Carl’s. Don’t know our plans yet but would love to make it out hunting with you guys this Fall. The old ticker is doing good so I can actually help walk them up again. Of course your dad and I have a good time visiting and watching you younger pups do the work. We are fishing the Saugerama so we won’t be out that way for opener but will be out there Thanksgiving week and week after Christmas so we will have to see. Will definitely at least make it over to say hi to your Dad and Mom. Take care and I’ll be in touch.
    Rich

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.