First week in September

• fireline
    Rochester

I\’m going to be fishing the first week in September and staying in Pierre .Would it be better fishing above or below the dam ? Any help would be appreciated . How is the Fall fishing on the Missouri ?

jerry b
    western WI

Try sending Will-eye a PM, his dad does a little guiding over there, maybe one of them can help you out- – -jerr

fireline
    Rochester

Thanks Jerr ,will send him a pm .

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

There are a lot of fish being caught right now below the dam. This time of the year I always enjoy Sharpe, but if the fatties are biting on Oahe you can\\\’t pass that up.

Redneck crew or WalleyeHunter–You guys know anything about what\\\’s going on in Pierre right now?

I\\\’ll check in with Pops to see what he knows. I know he was out Saturday and Sunday on Sharpe and caught fish.

Curt

fireline
    Rochester

Thanks Curt .

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

The word on Oahe from the old man…

“Lead core plugs off the tips of points in 50′ of water is really yielding some good fish on Oahe! Peoria to Nystrom’s Bay and anywhere starting Combine Point north.”

If I were going, I’d do a few days on both lakes. Your chances of bigger fish are better on Oahe, but Sharpe is a lot of fun because of the numbers you can find.

Have a good time.

Curt

redneck
    Rosemount

Just stumbled across this post. I don’t have much to add anyway. We were on Oahe last weekend but between the heat and the biting flies we didn’t fish very much. We caught walleye trolling cranks but size was small by Oahe standards. The chatter on the radio indicated the live bait guys wee catching fish but they leaned towards the small size also. There are fish to be caught if a person puts in the time.

fireline
    Rochester

Redneck ,We were in Pierre from Wednesday to Saturday and fished Lake Sharpe and only got three keepers and just keepers at that.Total maybe 12 Walleyes but three little keepers . On Friday we got a ton of smallies .Not a very good trip .

redneck
    Rosemount

Sorry to hear the trip didn’t go better. We didn’t fish Sharpe at all last time but size has been running small on Sharpe all year. The trolling bite on Oahe would have put some fish in the boat but it wasn’t on fire either. Do you go out that way often? If so we will have to compare notes since I am out there quite a bit throughout the year.
    Rich

fireline
    Rochester

Right now I only make it out there twice a year . Once in late April or early May and in the Fall late September but this year it was earlier . The guys I go with don’t like fishing above the dam for some reason [wind ??]I don’t know . Guess I’ll have to go out on my own to fish above the dam . After retirement I hope to make it out there more often .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.