brookings

• duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Is there any good ice fishing around the brookings area? My folks just built a place 15 miles sw of there and we will be coming up for Christmas just wanted the lowdown.
    Matt

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes, lots of great fishing within 30 mins of there. Go an hour and you really tap into some great fishing in the NE corner of the state.

Sinai is an amazing fishery if you can find them. I’ve got pics of some big eyes from there in the recent years. My friends from Sioux Falls hit it often when they can’t make the trip to Waubay.

Todd_NE

Oh Lord….

You’ve hit the mother lord. Dude, you are right on the edge on the NE SD Glacial Lake Region. It’s as good as anywhwere for perch, pike, walleye, smallies, etc.

In fact, I think I’ll go to Waubay today. Yup, CYA!

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

My folks have 2 ponds a 1/2 mile east of there house and we don’t know if it has any fish. Is lake cambell any good?

ARCH
    southern minnesota

Thompson is also worth noting

jigs

If you have any pressing questions I went to school in Brookings for 5 years and would give you any tips and ideas that I picked up. There are many great bodies of water in the immediate area, such as sinai, thompson, poinsett, the 81 ponds, and some others that are good fisheries. If you head north your options become almost limitless with some of the best fishing in the country taking place from Watertown north to the state border. Good luck and enjoy the beautiful area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.