Chamberlain area options?

• blackduck
    Participant
    SE Minnesota

Will be in Chamberlain next Tuesday-Friday, 4/22-4/25. We plan to fish Francis Case, but looks like we might have a lot of wind. Are there other options in the area to go and catch perch/walleye/crappie? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

brentbullets
    Participant

Depending on the wind you can fish below the dam or go above on Lake Sharpe other than the river your options are limited.

With the bends and turns in the river you should be able to get out of the wind some where but might be a little rough getting there. Fishing should be good.

sinister-fishing
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne for now

My reports from Chamberlain down to the Nebraska border has been slow with smaller fish being caught. Water is still cold. Had best luck dragging a 1/8 jig with minnow

waterice
    Participant
    Elk Point, SD

It is slow I was in pickstown fishing today and it was slow caught two small sauger.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Chamberlain remains well for people that are finding fish. I have been chasing snows and turkeys as of the last 10 days but friends are still catching fish. I know areas around the mouth of the white river as well as chamberlain Rip Rap has been good. Jigs and Minnows contineu to produce. River fish change daily, but depths of 12-14fow seem to be best. – QB

blackduck
    Participant
    SE Minnesota

Thanks everyone. I guess we will just play it by ear. I was wondering if there were any smaller bodies of water in the area to fish if it was too windy for Francis Case. I was looking on the map and couldn’t find anything that looked fishable.

dog2th
    Participant
    Omaha, NE

There are always areas to fish on Francis Case regardless of wind.
    Find one of the creek inlets and stay in the creek. If it lays down, head out to the main lake.
    2 areas to fish in windy conditions:
    – Just north of 44 bridge on east shoreline
    – Platte Creek.
    Both produce fish. Although neither will be calm, there are areas within them, close to boat ramps that you can fish safely and comfortably.
    You will work hard for your fish, but it beats the heck out of getting caught out on the main lake.

Good luck, be safe.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.