Saylorvile spillway 10/25/04

• james
    Participant
    Ankeny Iowa

Well I was going out to the lake but changed my mind and went down behind to see what was going on. Went out about 4 pm and stayed until 6 pm. I thought it was kinda slow but did manage to release around 15 nice whites . Most in the 14 inch range with two in the 16 inch range. There was a few guys out and all were getting fish . Saw some big carp put in the bucket by some people. Wish they would take them all. If the weather holds I should be out there again tomorrow around the same time. Will let you know how things go later. Jim

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

There is hope!!! Thanks James. I will hit it sometime this week, probably after dark.

Dave

james
    Participant
    Ankeny Iowa

Well made it out to the spillway Tues . The bite had slowed and the fish were not as big but did manage to land 5 before I gave up. Dave did you make it back out ? How did you do ? Jim

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

A big THANK YOU to you James! I had been irritable since my last two outings on Saylorville. Now that I got to go home with fish slime on my hands, Im back to my old happy self! I got more of a charge out of that first mediocre white I caught yesterday then the last 50 I caught up top.

Yes, I did go back after dark and had the place to myself but I didnt stay long. It wasnt very good. It may have been mostly due to me being tired, in the rain and slipping on rocks in the dark…

There was a little bit of a learning curve that I had to overcome, figuring out where in the water column to keep my jig, but watching you and the guy between us helped me figure it out. I also experimented with a small rat-l-trap, a spoon and a roadrunner. Best offering was what you had suggested, 1/8 with white or pearl plastic (small Gulp minnow in my case).

Not sure I can make it out again this week, but if you are going, zip me an email.

It was good to see you again!

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.