Saylorville Resevoir, IA 10-24-04

• dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Skunked. Not much else to say about it other then in was a fantastic day to be out on the water. Tough fishing, but a great day.

The water temp is 50.8 which is actually a little WARMER then it was a week ago. I could mark plenty of fish on the graph but they wanted nothing to do with my offerings.

I think IA James is right when he says that the temp needs to drop to about 45deg before things start happening out there. If we have another (relatively) warm week I may take a pass on Saylorville next weekend and wait for the colder water.

There were at least half a dozen other boats out today. Anybody do any better?

Dave

james
    Participant
    Ankeny Iowa

Dave sorry to hear you got skunked. Wish I could have been out there with you .I went on a road trip to look at the leaves with the misses. Went to Clinton and headed north to Red Wing. Covered 830 miles total. The weather could have been better but it was still a good trip. Headed back up to Red Wing this thursday to fish this time. Hope things go our way as they said the bite has slowed a little sence last week when I was up there. Hope to try the ville once before I leave again . Will try and go tuesday . Will let you know how it goes if I do. Jim

james
    Participant
    Ankeny Iowa

Was out to Sportmans Warehouse the other day at the reel counter to get a new one and talked to the guy there. He said someone got a big eye off the Des Moines river and showed me the pic. Don’t know what part of the river it came from but it is said to be 13.8 lbs and the pic looked like it was. This is only about 14 oz. under the state record. If any of you are out there check it out. It is at the reel counter. Jim

ivanbrehmer
    Participant
    Johnston, Iowa

Dave, thanks for the post. I was really wondering what was happening out there. It was a fantastic day! Sorry to hear you could not top it off with some nice catches.

Ivan

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

13.8? Wow.. Perhaps we ought to be on the river!!!

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.