Sattelite photo – Lake Erie

• Joel Ballweg
    Participant
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Just for the heck of it, I took a quick look at a satellite photo of Lake Erie.

I’m by no means an expert when it come to Lake Erie ice fishing and have no idea
    about what exactly is considered safe or not safe.
    Maybe some of the local Lake Erie ice fishermen can comment on exactly what we’re
    seeing in these photo’s.

To me, its looking a lot like the wise move is to play it safe and call it a year.

Lake Erie Satellite photo’s

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, WI

Joel:

I would tend to agree…

Mark

francisco4
    Participant
    Holmen, WI

A lot of guys with airboats will be fishing. It really is quite amazing as to how many you will see at the accesses.

FDR

Andy Fiolka
    Participant
    Boise, Idaho

That western basin still looks locked in. For how long is anyone’s guess, but from what I read over the weekend, ice is still in good shape, just the accesses are getting sloppy.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Just got off the ice out of Magee Marsh around noon and the ice is looking fine still. A minimum of 12 inches of SOLID ice. We went out 11 miles east of West Sister. Things got a little sloppy but nothing a snowmobile dragging hundreds of pounds of camera gear couldn’t handle.

The parking lot looked like a ghost town compared to the weeks prior. So essentially we got the lake pretty much to ourselves. Barring a big blow pushing the ice out, I’d say this weekend is still viable Without a doubt.

Joel Ballweg
    Participant
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Ice sure looks like its going fast from the satellite photo.

How’d you guys do Ben?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.