Sask Hunting trip?

• Jason

I’m just posting this to see if anyone has any interest in a Saskatchewan duck/goose hunting trip this fall yet. The guys that would normally come along with me don’t have their covid vaccine and can’t get across the border so I lost my normal crew…
    I have all the equipment taken care of and plan to go but I would would like have another guy or two along to help. I have been there many times and have a farmer that provides me his house. The hunting would be freelance using field setups over decoys.
    PM me if you have any interest and want more details.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Is the Ban for transporting waterfowl from Canada still in effect? I know that made some of my buddies cancel their trips

JEREMY
    BP

So they can fly across the border but cant cross it dead?

Jason

The current bird flu regulations will probably be changed over the next month like they did 10 years or so ago during the hunting season. I have seen bird dumpsters at the border coming home before and it wasn’t pretty.
    On the other hand bringing home 100’s of ducks and geese with a wing attached is no easy task either. Been there done that many many times. I now gift the bulk of my birds to the locals up there.

kbmwer
    Rosemount, MN

We just got back Saturday from 8 days in Saskatchewan. The weather was great but almost too good with a couple of days with no morning wind. No issies at the border except it took us a little longer as they were training a new officer on vehicle inspections but no big deal. Plenty of birds in the Quill Lake area with plenty more coming in. There were also a lot more ducks than last year with the increased water this year. All the regs are off now so I am sure the flow of hunters heading up will increase a ton. Good luck if you go!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.