Sand lake, connected to Bowstring

• matthewkolden

I didn’t see a forum for the area, so figured I’d just post here. Has anyone fished Sand lake? I’ll be heading there next June for a week targeting mostly walleye, but have a couple big bass fishermen in our group, also. Looks to be a decent lake, just curious if anyone has experience there

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Lots of structure in that lake. Zebras came in a few years back cleaned the water. Full of small northern and big ones can be found. Walleyes are there but you have to work hard for them .Nice size for walleye and there are big ones to be had. Big perch can be had. The lake is a slow starter for opener and june is a good time to hit it. Whats nice about Sand if their not biting Cutfoot Soix is 15 20 mn away along with lake jessie and round. Rainbow chubs work great if available and leeches. Slow troll with jigs or casting of shelves. Lots of nook and crannies, inside corners to cast into. Bow stream flows north into Sand this can help you determine where to fish specialy where the wind is blowing. Stick baits can be good at the right times, evenings seem to do well but beware of those hammer handles. Good luck

glenn57
    cold spring mn

These guys are spot on. Sand is a good lake to stock up on Pike for pickling fish. We have a cabin not far from sand and it’s also connected to little sand but that channel can be impassable if the water is low.

Kevin Yopp

I’ve fished little Sand in spring hoping to find crappies and walleyes, but didn’t spend much time there. In May and June it seemed the north end of the lake was most active. Although I always thought there might be some migration going on on the river between Bowstring and Sand … though never spent much time there.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

How is little sand?

caught a few eyes, but mainly the 22 and under pike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.