Sakakawea help

• hoistafish1
    Participant
    Long Prairie,MN

Headed out to N.D. next week to visit my son and do alittle fishing (1st time on this body of water). If anyone has fished this lake and could give me some tips on what to try and where to start, it would be much appreciated. We will mainly be fishing walleye but open to anything. Thx, Jerry

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Can you narrow it down a little? That lake runs from Garrison up to darn near Williston. If I know the area you are going to be in, I can make some calls. Send me a PM on this as I’m unlikely to check back into this forum.

ET

PS, my PB walleye came from Sakakawea. 12.4 lbs in 1987 also in late August!!!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

ive started to have an interest in this lake also. yea i know i dug this thread outta the deep celler!!!!!!!! devil

i’m more interested in the winter spearing. we have a couple local guys that go out there, not sure where. stories of fish fillets gallore. its my understanding there is a 10 fish limit per day with no possesion limit. i also thought i heard you can spear walleyes.

i,ve added this to my bucket list at some point!!!!!!!!!

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

It’s a great fishery.

However it’s 5 walleye per day (10 total possession). And it is not legal to spear walleye.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

It’s a great fishery.

However it’s 5 <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye per day (10 total possession). And it is not legal to spear walleye.

thanks for clearing that up. i wasnt sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.