New to area. Any lake suggestions?

• rcn_brian
    Participant
    Andover, MN

I moved to Andover this fall and I am unfimiliar to lakes in the area. Are there any lakes you suggest? I primarily fish for walleye, crappie, perch, and pike. Any suggestions you have on lakes and any other information that I could use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Haven’t fished em in over 15 years, but I do believe you could chase all them in White Bear Lake & Forest lake…. Anybody confirm this ???

big G

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Lots of lakes to fish around here. The issue is finding quality fish. Most lakes like Ham, Coon, Centerville, Pelteir and up towards Linwood have plenty of pan fish. I think you may find better walleye fishing over towards Chisago and Forest lake. Coon lake is a good bet for pike.

Looks like I will be hanging closer to home this year and plan on checking out more lakes in the area. Good luck if you get out.

walleyebri
    Participant
    Zimmerman, MN

Green lake between princeton and cambridge is an alright lake. It has very nice pike, some eater sized eyes and if you hit it the right day and spot you can find decent(up to 11″) crapppies. Send a pm some time we could give it a go. I was out this past saturday. We caught 2 16″ walleyes that ate up pretty good. No pike on the tip ups but there were upwards of a thousand people trying crappies on the point. I went for my honey hole and enjoyed it all to myself and was rewarded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.