Anoka County Sunnies

• sandmannd
    Participant

Got out yesterday with Lizzy for a little more than an hour. It was more to test out the boat and get out a bit but still had a bunch of stuff to do at home. Can’t believe it took me until early June to get the boat out.

The coaches of Lizzy’s softball team told me to try a small lake. We stopped to get some worms and a guy asks where we’re heading. I told him and he says “Nothing in there but carp and junk fish, I’d go to Linwood and fight the crowds.” Well I could take this one of two ways, he was either correct about this small lake or he didn’t want anyone fishing it. I opted for the latter.

Lizzy and I hit the water and played with the boat for a while before setting up to fish. It didn’t take long and we were hitting sunfish by docs and weed lines. Pitched out a bobber with a jig set about 2 1/2 feet below the cork. The sunnies had some shoulders on them. We managed a few 8 1/2″ + fish for a meal and several smaller than that that went back to swim. It was a good day on the water, just very short.

life1978
    Participant
    Eau Claire , WI

Nice job! Love the smile!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.